Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• d2kx
    replied
    Well the people following Planet Ubuntu/Gnome/KDE blogs will have noticed that the GNOME vs. Canonical & KDE conflict is getting a bit out of hand, with Mark being disappointed how the freedesktop.org standards Canonical & KDE worked on are ignored by GNOME. This conflict is taking most of his time now and I doubt he will closely follow Wayland etc. meanwhile. Hopefully the conflict gets sorted until at least the Desktop Summit in August.

Leave a comment:

• FireBurn
    replied
    It might be better to contact folks at Red Hat since Fedora will probably have a working implementation of wayland way before Ubuntu does. Fedora had KMS (or sorts) running 18 months before most other distributions used it at all

Leave a comment:

• ethana2
    replied
    I've always had lots of reasons to shun non GTK/Qt applications, so I don't mind becoming a toolkit purist again in order to get X.org off of my system. I've been playing around with Nouveau and all those for a long time now, I can't wait to try Wayland, even if it means giving up Firefox, Chrome, and LibreOffice for a few years.

Leave a comment:

• phoronix
    started a topic Wayland For The Ubuntu Unity Desktop Redux

Wayland For The Ubuntu Unity Desktop Redux

Phoronix: Wayland For The Ubuntu Unity Desktop Redux

While there have been some battles waged recently between Canonical and GNOME developers over collaboration with regard to the Unity desktop shell and revenue sharing for purchases made within their online music store (even this morning with another post by Mark Shuttleworth), on a more positive and productive note: how's the Wayland plans coming along?..

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite
Working...
X