X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• d3coder
    replied
    Originally posted by timofonic View Post
    I think Wayland and Vulkan specifications were released too early and without enough feedback, too slow process too.
    What's wrong with Vulkan? It works well, designed better than DX12, has excellent tooling.

Leave a comment:

• intelfx
    replied
    Originally posted by timofonic View Post
    I think Wayland [...] specifications were released too early and without enough feedback, too slow process too. But better late than never.
    This is free software, not some tightly-integrated and tightly-coupled software stack written by a megacorp who can literally throw people at a problem. In a loosely-coupled world, it is literally impossible to solicit any useful feedback without, you guessed it, releasing a specification and encouraging everyone to write an implementation (and then encouraging everyone to use it).

(And before you scream "Red Hat", they do not control nearly everything, despite how much forum fearmongerers and FUD-slingers want you to think.)
    Last edited by intelfx; 20 June 2021, 03:49 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Aryma
    replied
    this look like something gnome dev will refuse to add and KDE will add support after 3 years because they don't see Wayland as a priority and keep focus on x11 or some dead mobile project

i really hate Kwin

Leave a comment:

• timofonic
    replied
    I think Wayland and Vulkan specifications were released too early and without enough feedback, too slow process too. But better late than never.

Anyway, I hope this inclusive improvement process accelerates exponentially.

I think wlroots should replace libweston ASAP and be used extensively by big projects, including Gnome and KDE. Let their big egos reckon a small project made a very big and amazing effort, for the good of Free/Libre/Open Source Software.

Leave a comment:

• phoronix
    started a topic Surface Suspension Protocol Proposed For Wayland

Surface Suspension Protocol Proposed For Wayland

Phoronix: Surface Suspension Protocol Proposed For Wayland

Joshua Ashton who is known for his work on DXVK (formerly D9VK) and related Steam Play / Proton graphics related efforts has submitted a proposal for a Wayland Surface-Suspension protocol...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite
Working...
X