X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• starshipeleven
    replied
    Originally posted by kaprikawn View Post
    Is this just calibration, or could it be used to pacify the bores I hear (read?) on Reddit who seem to take great delight in saying they won't switch to a Wayland backend because of the lack of Redshift? Or, to put it another way, could this lead to a Redshift-like solution on Wayland?

I know next to nothing about Redshift, but I'm tired of those comments, and I'd be happy if the end is in sight for this particular criticism of Wayland.
    KDE has Night Light feature since 5.12 https://kde.org/announcements/plasma-5.12.0.php

"Wayland-only Night Color feature that lets you adjust the screen color temperature to reduce eye strain"

Leave a comment:

• jacob
    replied
    Originally posted by kaprikawn View Post
    Is this just calibration, or could it be used to pacify the bores I hear (read?) on Reddit who seem to take great delight in saying they won't switch to a Wayland backend because of the lack of Redshift? Or, to put it another way, could this lead to a Redshift-like solution on Wayland?

I know next to nothing about Redshift, but I'm tired of those comments, and I'd be happy if the end is in sight for this particular criticism of Wayland.
    I've never even heard of Redshift until now but there is a similar option in GNOME (at least as implemented in Ubuntu) called Night Light and it works perfectly well with Wayland, so I'm not sure what exactly is the problem.

Leave a comment:

• Azrael5
    replied
    Wayland is really strong however Linux developers are retarded on its integration.

Leave a comment:

• bug77
    replied
    I'm not sure what this is supposed to achieve. Per-window color space maybe?

Leave a comment:

• kaprikawn
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Wayland Has A Color Manager Calibration Protocol In The Works

Phoronix: Wayland Has A Color Manager Calibration Protocol In The Works

The latest Wayland protocol in the works is a color manager calibration protocol...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite
Working...
X