• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ACiD
    replied
    Originally posted by Ramiliez View Post
    Distros who engage in politics do not have it try: yum search winetricks
    Distros who engage in politics at the cost of end user experience should die. Like yesterday.

Leave a comment:

• Ramiliez
    replied
    Originally posted by edoantonioco View Post
    So, how can I install the Direct3D 9 state tracker?

and I would like to see benchmarks of this patch enabled against the default wine (if its possible).
    usedul links

quickstart howto
    GitHub is where people build software. More than 100 million people use GitHub to discover, fork, and contribute to over 420 million projects.

Leave a comment:

• edoantonioco
    replied
    So, how can I install the Direct3D 9 state tracker?

and I would like to see benchmarks of this patch enabled against the default wine (if its possible).

Leave a comment:

• Dukenukemx
    replied
    Whatever happened to the DX9 state tracker? Anyway for us to get the modified Wine and test it out?

Leave a comment:

• ethana2
    replied
    My Radeon 4850 box is only used for Civilization V since it went on sale on steam.. it's the reason I upgraded to Linux 3.11rc3 and the latest mesa to try to get improved performance. If someone makes a ppa for this, I'll totally use it.

Leave a comment:

• Ramiliez
    replied
    Originally posted by Kostas View Post
    What's special about including winetricks?
    Distros who engage in politics do not have it try: yum search winetricks

Leave a comment:

• Kostas
    replied
    Originally posted by Ramiliez View Post
    You could try Sabayon they even include winetricks and Skype in their base repos.
    What's special about including winetricks?

Leave a comment:

• Ramiliez
    replied
    Originally posted by zhasha View Post
    Two can play at that game: winemac.drv is too platform specific (OS X only, and they even support X11!). It should be removed from wine immediately.

When it lives next to wined3d and is switchable by a registry key AND it falls back to wined3d in case of error AND the underlying architecture has already seen preliminary ports to BSD, Haiku and even Windows, how then, pray tell, is it too platform dependent?
    Im afraid that your work wont be accepted to Wine
    If they reject it you could try to convince distro maintainers who do not engage in politics to include your D3D support as package
    You could try Sabayon they even include winetricks and Skype in their base repos.
    Last edited by Ramiliez; 23 July 2013, 04:52 PM.

Leave a comment:

• duby229
    replied
    Originally posted by zhasha View Post
    Two can play at that game: winemac.drv is too platform specific (OS X only, and they even support X11!). It should be removed from wine immediately.

When it lives next to wined3d and is switchable by a registry key AND it falls back to wined3d in case of error AND the underlying architecture has already seen preliminary ports to BSD, Haiku and even Windows, how then, pray tell, is it too platform dependent?
    Your work is fantastic. This code is OSS. It's so good in fact that I'm certain someone will maintain a patchset. I'm convinced that it will still be available regardless of if it gets accepted upstream or not.

Leave a comment:

• zhasha
    replied
    Originally posted by duby229 View Post
    Let us imagine a hypothetical future. One where Gallium3D gets ported to BSD, OpenSolaris, Haiku, MacOSx, whatever... At that point in time I would then say that this patch should get accepted upstream by the wine devs. Until then however it is too platform dependent.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X