X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ninez
    replied
    Originally posted by Qaridarium
    now i use your words (because they work as well)

Ironic:"the opposite of its literal meaning."
    That's funny dude, except you are missing part of what i wrote. What you have written above does NOT define something being ironic, or even irony in itself. In fact, it is an imcomplete definition and it is (almost) no better than your original definition. which was;

the basic ironic is the direct opposite of the truth
    direct opposite of truth would be A) False or B) lie ~ depending of course on the context in which you are using 'truth'.

now read my original writing again: "Irony: he only use jpeg because its opensource and png is bad closed source software! "

what in hell do you read if you have this words: "the opposite of its literal meaning." in mind?
    i see someone failing to execute a really crappy joke. and...

and everyone can prove he don't think about the "ironic" tag by reading your answer:

"mangobrain: lolwhut? http://www.libpng.org/ Seriously, that's not even trolling, that's just ignorance. "
    ...why are you telling me this?? -> ie: i don't care... Furthermore, my original comment wasn't directed at that comment (ie: it was a reply to your definition and NOT previous posts). In reality, it was about your stupid/wrong definition. So why are you even going on about this?! really.

(ironic)Sure! and do retarded monkey talk is my therapy you know? (/ironic)
    That is *sarcasm* NOT irony. Furthermore, that sentence doesn't even make sense ...again, more of this low-IQ drunken monkey talk.

oh this is simple a multilangual error sorry because in germany Irony is Ironi and my stupid language spell checker makes Ironi to Ironic.
    Sure, blame it on your spellchecker. The problem with doing that is your definition of irony/ironic was/is still totally incorrect. (regardless of using a adjective vs. a noun .. as your definition was/is *incomplete*). So while you think this is a simple *multilingual* error, it's not. The error is your definition.

the only irony i see here, is a dumb german troll, who doesn't have a very good grasp on the english language, trying really hard to dictate in an english forum, English definitions of words to English speaking people like myself!

that's not only hilariously ironic, but a total failure on your part. ~ way to make yourself look even more retarded.

why don't you stick to what you know. you trying to define the English language to English speaking people is laughable ~ for the simple fact, you have already shown that you aren't able to do that...And this isn't a knock on the fact, English is your 2nd/3rd language... Most people in your situation wouldn't waste their time telling english folks what english words mean. ie: i don't go to german forums and argue with people over the meaning of german language ~ as that would just be moronic (and moronic is a SEVERE understatement).

more retarded nonsense;

WTF you are a hardcore fundamentalist! You really think you can speak for everyone in the world.

this is nothing more than mental Fascism !

shame on you!
    It's not fascism. I totally agree with what smitty3268 said. ~ Myself, i can't tell half the time whether you are being serious, joking, sarcastic, ironic. Quite frankly, most of your posts are so *poorly written*, its hard to even tell what you are saying half the time. I don't think you have the (english) skills to translate/integrate the subtle 'nuances' of the english language into plain text on the internet. you pretty much suck at it.

Why not instead continue with the more relevant info, like;

my glxinfo:
    OpenGL renderer string: Gallium 0.4 on AMD RV740
    OpenGL version string: 3.0 Mesa 8.0-devel (git-c565ff6 oneiric-oibaf-ppa)
    OpenGL shading language version string: 1.30

but 3.0 is only there if you set:
    R600_GLSL130=1
    R600_STREAMOUT=1

in the .pam_environment file in your home dir
    I'm sure a few users may have found that helpful. no?

while the rest of what you write is just annoying nonsense.
    Last edited by ninez; 14 February 2012, 02:20 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Nedanfor
    replied
    Guys, can you stop going off-topic? In seven pages of ?Image Quality Comparison? maybe there is only one about IQC. I'm really interested in the Enemy's rendering problem, can we talk about that? Thank you in advance.

Leave a comment:

• smitty3268
    replied
    Q, no one can read any irony or sarcasm in any of your posts

Perhaps because you aren't a very good English speaker. But more so, i think, because you regularly have some pretty wild ideas and it's impossible to tell when you are really serious or just joking.

If you want to avoid derailing threads like this in the future, I suggest placing an /irony or /sarcasm tag anywhere you are using it.

I suspect you just enjoy derailing these threads, though.

Leave a comment:

• Nedanfor
    replied
    Originally posted by perpetualrabbit View Post
    In the picture with the purple monster, the only difference I see is a purple reflection on the floor, and some smoke at the wall, which are missing in the catalyst-generated one. So can I conclude that catalyst fails to render smoke in this game?
    For the rest, I see no difference. At least not in quality. The image-delta pictures proof that the difference is there of course, but who can say which of the pictures is a more correct rendering?
    That picture is the Enemy screenshot: the only correct conclusion is that there is a difference between the two renderings. More tests would help to stress which one is the bugged rendering.

About the quality, as other users have written, JPEGs are not useful at all for image-delta, but I agree with you: even if they were PNGs, how can we tell which one is the most correct?

Leave a comment:

• mangobrain
    replied
    Qaridarium, stop derailing this thread, please. The grown-ups are trying to have a meaningful discussion about a discrepancy in the renderings.

Enough is enough.

Leave a comment:

• perpetualrabbit
    replied
    I don't see much difference between the pictures

In the picture with the purple monster, the only difference I see is a purple reflection on the floor, and some smoke at the wall, which are missing in the catalyst-generated one. So can I conclude that catalyst fails to render smoke in this game?
    For the rest, I see no difference. At least not in quality. The image-delta pictures proof that the difference is there of course, but who can say which of the pictures is a more correct rendering?

Leave a comment:

• Nedanfor
    replied
    We need a more vaste comparison

I'm really interested in the Enemy-"bug": can somebody do this test with nVidia-blobs? Could be interesting also doing it with Intel drivers on Windows. I think that a more vaste comparison would help to know what output is incorrect. Even doing it with other FLOSS drivers (like llvmpipe, nouveau and intel) would be great, because if there is a problem regarding r300/r600 drivers maybe it isn't a problem of Mesa.

Leave a comment:

• russofris
    replied
    Originally posted by Qaridarium
    the real point is the reality is even more harder than you try to troll.

""While John Bridgman is an open source developer, his defence of the closed source catalyst binaries makes him an Uncle-Tom in the eyes of many FOSS advocates""

because bridgman is a 100% vista and catalyst on vista user.

we do have a AMD-opensource spoken man in this forum with ZERO opensource in private usage.
    You misunderstood me....

See what I did there?
    F

Leave a comment:

• smitty3268
    replied
    Originally posted by crazycheese View Post
    If you find a place where mesa is non-reference, feel free to submit bug :P
    Feel free to do so for any other driver as well. That doesn't make them reference implementations anymore than Mesa is.

Leave a comment:

• mangobrain
    replied
    Originally posted by SavageX View Post
    Actuall I think fglrx renders this correctly, and Mesa has a problem with the bloom.

The purple glow (bloom) should be where the model is bright, but it seems that the bloom texture is rendered a bit too low, showing up, e.g., on the floor instead of showing up on the specular highlight on the leg. Same for the specular highlight on the shoulders, which renders on the belly.
    Wow - it's almost like my original post describing the problem was genuine, and not an attack on free software at all!

Seriously though, I'm glad someone else is seeing the same thing I am, and thanks for posting something on-topic. Here's hoping Q doesn't come and derail everything again.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X