Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• soulsource
    replied
    /proc/cpuinfo does not display turbo frequencies. If you want to see those, you'll need another tool, like cpupower.

Leave a comment:

• Kendji
    replied
    There's virtually no or very little performance difference.

Leave a comment:

• dwagner
    replied
    Just start a single-threaded CPU eating process and watch the output of "turbostat" while it runs - I can see frequencies above the base clock being used, automatically, even though /proc/cpuinfo does not indicate "cpb".

Leave a comment:

• monte84
    replied
    I don't think CPB works with the performance CPU governor. When I enable the performance governor, all CPU cores at locked at their base frequency. I have watched through (watch grep "cpu MHz" /proc/cpuinfo)

Leave a comment:

• Zan Lynx
    replied
    Originally posted by FireBurn View Post
    I thought boost was used when the CPU was cool enough, how does this work for Ryzen when the thermal driver doesn't land until 4.15
    The CPU knows its own internal temperature. AFAIK, XFR does not require anything from the OS. It just does its thing.

Leave a comment:

• FireBurn
    replied
    I thought boost was used when the CPU was cool enough, how does this work for Ryzen when the thermal driver doesn't land until 4.15

Leave a comment:

• tildearrow
    replied
    Minor typo?

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
    and indicated from /proc/cpu via the flags line
    (it's /proc/cpuinfo)
    Last edited by tildearrow; 17 October 2017, 04:15 PM. Reason: meant to use a question mark

Leave a comment:

• Linux 4.14 Ensures The "Core Performance Boost" Bit Gets Set For AMD Ryzen CPUs

Phoronix: Linux 4.14 Ensures The "Core Performance Boost" Bit Gets Set For AMD Ryzen CPUs

Recently making waves in our forums was talk of a kernel patch to address a case where the AMD CPB (Core Performance Boost) isn't being exposed by Ryzen processors. Here's more details on that and some benchmarks...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite
Working...
X