Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jsa1983
    replied
    I tested CS:GO with my Radeon HD 7870 2GB with linux 3.17 rc5, mesa git (from a few days ago) compiled with LLVM 3.16 support with vsync off and hyperz enabled and the game does indeed feel smooth and fast. I don't know the fps, but probably over 60.

Overall I am really happy with the radeonsi experience. It's already good, but it is getting better every day.

Leave a comment:

• Kemosabe
    replied
    I always see readonsi news. Is r600 still being improved or does it benefit from radeonsi improvements, too?

Leave a comment:

• zanny
    replied
    Originally posted by gutigen View Post
    Yet same card under Windows gives hundreds of fps at max settings. Conclusion is that atm CS:GO runs like shit on Linux with AMD regardless of drivers (I'm getting less than half of framerate I had under Windows a year ago on 7770 with mesa git and 3.17).
    The Mesa driver went from 0 to ~60 fps in two years. Give it another two and it should be on par with the Windows one. Sooner if AMD would get off their bum and put more devs on the project for Steam Machines.

Leave a comment:

• kaprikawn
    replied
    Originally posted by gutigen View Post
    Yet same card under Windows gives hundreds of fps at max settings. Conclusion is that atm CS:GO runs like shit on Linux with AMD regardless of drivers (I'm getting less than half of framerate I had under Windows a year ago on 7770 with mesa git and 3.17).
    I understand the frustration, but unless you've got a 120 Hz monitor, anything over 60fps is redundant anyway.

Leave a comment:

• Pontostroy
    replied
    Originally posted by phoronix View Post
    Phoronix: RadeonSI Gallium3D Might Run As Well As Catalyst For CS:GO Linux

Yesterday I shared my initial Counter-Strike: Global Offensive benchmarks on Linux while following that have been others using the Phoronix Test Suite and OpenBenchmarking.org to deliver their own results for this latest Valve game to reach Linux...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTc5NTY
    Timedemo from pts don't show 3d (i cant see what's happening on map, but i can hear shoots and look at fps changes ), only main menu with same message "VAC, insecire, etc". And on radeonsi and intel i have strange gui problem.

Leave a comment:

• gutigen
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Cyber Killer
    replied
    I click the Phoronix Flattr button each month, so I'll stay with AdBlock, thank you.

As for the Gallium driver - awesome! This keeps getting better and better.

Leave a comment:

• darkbasic
    replied
    Originally posted by arabek View Post
    obviously:
    radeonsi resolution: 1920x1080
    catalyst resolution: 2560x1600

false hopes up: check.
    The *desktop* resolution was different, but the game automatically switched the resolution to 1920x1080 when started.

Leave a comment:

• droste
    replied
    Nope, same resolution:

OpenBenchmarking.org, Phoronix Test Suite, Linux benchmarking, automated benchmarking, benchmarking results, benchmarking repository, open source benchmarking, benchmarking test profiles

Leave a comment:

• arabek
    replied
    obviously:
    radeonsi resolution: 1920x1080
    catalyst resolution: 2560x1600

false hopes up: check.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X