Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ext73
    replied
    I'm shocked and it's not positive ! These drivers - Catalyst 14.1, are slower than 13.12 on AMD APU E-350 from approximately 20 to 40 % !!!!!! Tested on native games such as Xonotic, or are under wine: LFS. Tested under Kubuntu 13.10, kernel 3.13.1 [my kernel build - line v28.1-brazos]
    Last edited by ext73; 03 February 2014, 04:15 AM.

Leave a comment:

• suaefar
    replied
    Originally posted by charlie View Post
    Tried installing. Says my adapter is not supported. This is on the A10-7850k on kernel 3.13. What kernel options are required for this driver?
    Same here with A10-7850k on kernel 3.12 Debian testing

Leave a comment:

• charlie
    replied
    Tried installing. Says my adapter is not supported. This is on the A10-7850k on kernel 3.13. What kernel options are required for this driver?

Leave a comment:

• blinxwang
    replied
    I have a MUXless PowerXPress 4.0 setup and suspend has been broken since AMD first put out drivers supporting my chipset (8000M series). Is there any glimmer of a chance that it could be fixed in this release? It's getting pretty fucking ridiculous!

Leave a comment:

• mmstick
    replied
    I thought I should warn everyone that suspend is broken with Catalyst 14.1, so you better disable it completely if you plan on using Catalyst. Steam Overlay is also still bugged with Catalyst -- drasticaly reduces FPS. If you play a game for a couple of minutes you will get framerate stuter.

Leave a comment:

• rogatti
    replied
    -

Catalyst 14.1 ?...Thank you Steam Machines...sic.... AMD !
    -
    ps. ironic mode off.

Leave a comment:

• mmstick
    replied
    I've personally tested both the open source and latest Catalyst drivers with my HD 7950 in Unigine Valley with Extreme HD preset and these are the results:

Open Source RadeonSI Drivers:
    FPS: 20.3
    Score: 849
    Min FPS: 12.6
    Max FPS: 32.4

Catalyst 14.1 Drivers:
    FPS: 31.0
    Score: 1297
    Min FPS: 15.6
    Max FPS: 50.4

Therefore, at least for this benchmark, the open source drivers have ~64% of the performance of Catalyst 14.1.

Leave a comment:

• GraysonPeddie
    replied
    Originally posted by FutureSuture View Post
    You're getting that kind of performance with an APU? I'm impressed. A R9 290X should be able to stomp all over the game with the open source drivers.
    Heh heh. Could have went with 5800, but I'm not sure if 5800 nets me a bit better performance considering both are using Radeon HD 7660D. And I'm unsure if Linux 3.14 and the latest version of Mesa will have any FPS improvements for games like Portal.

Ah, if only Valve could port Portal 2. I did some research in system requirements and I shouldn't have any problems playing Portal 2. I'm unsure if Intel HD Graphics 3000 can outperform my 7660D, though. I mean, when it comes to maxing out high settings except for anti-aliasing (I don't need it) at 1920x1080.

Man, pardon me for bragging, but I'm so happy with open source radeon driver. I just found it impressive that I can play Portal at that frame rate. Maybe it'll get better or maybe it'll get worse (oh, please no regressions...).

Leave a comment:

• Andrecorreia
    replied
    ok tomorrow

Originally posted by fritzls View Post
    No ports wired to ati card, just intel?
    Give me your xorg log and I show you or your output path is set to ati or your bios is set to software control

Low end = dv series
    mid range envy series
    business = pro-book series.
    hight end = no hp doest have this.
    ok tomorrow i send you the log. i?m not in hp right now and is to cold do go to the car take it now ;p, but something i know is the hdmi output uses intel vga and not ati

Leave a comment:

• Andrecorreia
    replied
    ok tomorrow

Originally posted by fritzls View Post
    No ports wired to ati card, just intel?
    Give me your xorg log and I show you or your output path is set to ati or your bios is set to software control

Low end = dv series
    mid range envy series
    business = pro-book series.
    hight end = no hp doest have this.
    ok tomorrow i send you the log. i?m not in hp right now and is to cold do go to the car take it now ;p

Leave a comment:

Working...
X