• crazycheese
    replied
    Originally posted by Adarion View Post
    And I donated.
    Thanks

Leave a comment:

• Adarion
    replied
    Maybe, maybe not. I agree that the shaders are more flexible but then an ASIC is always more efficient. Anyhow I'd LOVE to finally see video acceleration on these GPUs, especially since it would be awesome for E-350 style HTPC.

And I donated.

Leave a comment:

• crazycheese
    replied
    Donated as well.

Either way how people like to show their appreciation to a freelancer dev like Marek, I wonder if it was possible to crowdfund somebody to reverse engineer UVD functionality.
    I don't think we want this. I think we want efficient GPU accelerated decoder for any codec in question.
    Clearly, its possible, but AMD will immediately request removal of this code from open driver. Sucks. IMHO.
    Last edited by crazycheese; 08 December 2012, 02:43 PM.

Leave a comment:

• leif81
    replied
    Donated. Cheers.

Leave a comment:

• Adarion
    replied
    Either way how people like to show their appreciation to a freelancer dev like Marek, I wonder if it was possible to crowdfund somebody to reverse engineer UVD functionality. If AMD can't really do it for legal reasons, maybe somebody outside an enterprise could. Just thinking about possibilities.

Leave a comment:

• crazycheese
    replied
    Originally posted by droste View Post
    Why do you need to know who donates money to whom and how much it is? Just because you don't know who donates money, doesn't mean it's not happening :-P

/edit:
    And it's actually not a donation. He works and you give him money. Unless Marek is a non-profit organization it is not a donation and he has to pay taxes for the money he gets (I hope he is doing this, I don't want him in jail ;-)).
    Glad you decided to donate too, how much is acceptable for you?
    Also, I will know no more than anyone else reading the thread, so I hope it answers your question. Now, please answer mine

Leave a comment:

• droste
    replied
    Originally posted by crazycheese View Post
    So you jump in or opt out?
    Why do you need to know who donates money to whom and how much it is? Just because you don't know who donates money, doesn't mean it's not happening :-P

/edit:
    And it's actually not a donation. He works and you give him money. Unless Marek is a non-profit organization it is not a donation and he has to pay taxes for the money he gets (I hope he is doing this, I don't want him in jail ;-)).
    Last edited by droste; 08 December 2012, 10:27 AM.

Leave a comment:

• crazycheese
    replied
    Originally posted by necro-lover View Post
    Come one you know me I send Marek money in the past and I will do it in the future.

To understand this joke just imagine this: What if I?m not the drug "dude" you think because using caffeine and other stuff as medicine is no abuse at all.

What if Marek really do drug abuse to write the driver? Just an rhetorical question. You don't need to answer.

Back to your question: What if I sell my drugs to send Marek money and he just buy my drugs from me with my money to write the driver on drugs? Isn't this a pointless Circle circuit argumentation?

And don't even try to arguing with "drugs" again if you don't get anything what I?m pointing out.
    Well, I am not Marek, so the question is not rhetorical, its pointless... Marek didn't respond if he accepts drugs, but he sure accept paypal donations. So its clear alternative..

So you jump in or opt out?

Leave a comment:

• necro-lover
    replied
    Originally posted by crazycheese View Post
    Sidicas, necrolover and anyone who appreciated Marek efforts in this thread, please respond!
    Necro, you can sell your drugs and donate money, can you?
    There is already two of us! Please join!
    Come one you know me I send Marek money in the past and I will do it in the future.

And I think you just do a overreaction about the drug joke.
    Most of the people did not understand this joke because its a "internal".
    To understand this joke just imagine this: What if I?m not the drug "dude" you think because using caffeine and other stuff as medicine is no abuse at all.

What if Marek really do drug abuse to write the driver? Just an rhetorical question. You don't need to answer.

Back to your question: What if I sell my drugs to send Marek money and he just buy my drugs from me with my money to write the driver on drugs? Isn't this a pointless Circle circuit argumentation?

And don't even try to arguing with "drugs" again if you don't get anything what I?m pointing out.

Leave a comment:

• crazycheese
    replied
    I'll check my funds (being PhD student sucks, the salary is really really low for all the work you do) but I guess something between 10 or 20 Euros should be possible. For xmas so he can buy himself a beer, a humble indie bundle or whatever.

Ah there was a post meanwhile: Hey, cheese, don't speak to me. I am f-ing poor, but I put some donations here and there, or, if I just lack the money I do voluntary help on Linux exhibitions and the like. Helping preparations like cleaning and preparing the halls, making food, watching over a booth and answering questions from people that come by. Or just spending beer for devs that I meet on a LinuxTag (LinuxDay in Germany).
    It doesn't apply to you, since you responded. Even if you simply claimed you're low on funds is enough... In fact, we are permanently low on funds, except we need something asap. But then, we never need opensource driver asap, do we?
    So, you are ok with 5$? You can give more...

Sidicas, necrolover and anyone who appreciated Marek efforts in this thread, please respond!
    Necro, you can sell your drugs and donate money, can you?
    There is already two of us! Please join!

You are free to repost or link to this post from any forum.
    Lets us, who really appreciate Marek effort, and not only -blabla-, gather and express our gratitude.
    Even birds don't feed on -blabla-.
    MS makes 100$ on each install. Its a lot. Why do you wonder its so strong?
    Each of us will individually commit paypal transfer to Marek account to amount each has claimed.
    Why? Because he clearly does improve opensource like hero, doesn't he?
    Best method is to call to such donation "snowball" upon every significant commit.
    How much you can compensate Marek is not important, even beer is ok.
    Lets do this.
    Last edited by crazycheese; 08 December 2012, 08:57 AM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X