Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• devguy
    replied
    Well I would like to add that full screen flash was garbled for me on 12.6 beta, but works fine on 12.6 final. It could have been a problem on my end, but changing the driver fixed it, so

Leave a comment:

• Kano
    replied
    Well a differnt control file does not mark a different driver, it was just recompiled with the wrong options.

Leave a comment:

• RussianNeuroMancer
    replied
    Originally posted by Kano View Post
    why call it beta first when the final is the same?
    Not the same. Look at this thread: http://phoronix.com/forums/showthrea...-on-HP-Envy-15

Leave a comment:

• Kano
    replied
    The same error is of course in debian wheezy, which will be frozen soon. i just verified that that hack works, but that shows how stupid fglrx devs are - the reason was posted when the beta was out and they did NOTHING. why call it beta first when the final is the same?

Leave a comment:

• disi
    replied
    Originally posted by rechapit View Post
    Actually AMD fucked up when they linked the driver to libpciaccess (using 32 bit pointers on a 64 bit distro is not such a good idea)
    Dont know why its only an issue on Debian

EDIT: There is an ugly hack to work arround the issue at http://ati.cchtml.com/show_bug.cgi?id=522#c5
    But if you use Debian 'unstable', why do you expect everything to work?
    I don't complain that the open source radeon driver has issues with Linux 3.4.4 on Gentoo but rather file a bug report for it.

(the issue is, that ColorTiling2D stopped working with the newer kernels and causes problems with xrandr expanding to external displays)

Leave a comment:

• rechapit
    replied
    Originally posted by energyman View Post
    so debian fucked up their xorg-server and that is amd's fault?.
    Actually AMD fucked up when they linked the driver to libpciaccess (using 32 bit pointers on a 64 bit distro is not such a good idea)
    Dont know why its only an issue on Debian

EDIT: There is an ugly hack to work arround the issue at http://ati.cchtml.com/show_bug.cgi?id=522#c5
    Last edited by rechapit; 02 July 2012, 09:34 AM. Reason: Added link to hackfix

Leave a comment:

• xgt001
    replied
    Originally posted by Sidicas View Post
    Just posting to say that I'M NOT HAPPY AMD!!!!

Just fresh installed Debian Wheezy on a PC with a fairly new 6550 graphics card.. The open source drivers were unusable because the display was so corrupted.. Debian Wheezy recently got the new 12.1 xserver-xorg-core package and now the AMD Catalyst 12.6 x86_64 drivers are broken on 64-bit Linux!! Something about the Catalyst 12.6 driver needing to pass a 64-bit pointer but is instead passing a 32-bit pointer + some corruption to xserver-xorg which causes newer 64-bit compiled versions of xserver-xorg-core (12.1) to crash instantly before loading the desktop!!

I'm not happy AMD, not happy at all.. At this point, both your open source and Catalyst drivers are broken for me.. I had to pin the old xserver* from Debian stable (Squeeze) to get the Catalyst 12.6 drivers to stop causing xserver-xorg to crash because it's sending a partially corrupted pointer on a 64-bit OS! Apparently this has been a known bug for over a month against the 12.6 Catalyst drivers and AMD doesn't seem to have done anything about it!!!

FIX IT PLEASE!!!
    looks like more of a debian issue not sure though.. even fedora 64 bit runs catalyst 12.6 with xserver 1.12!!!

Leave a comment:

• Sidicas
    replied
    Just posting to say that I'M NOT HAPPY AMD!!!!

Just fresh installed Debian Wheezy on a PC with a fairly new 6550 graphics card.. The open source drivers were unusable because the display was so corrupted.. Debian Wheezy recently got the new 12.1 xserver-xorg-core package and now the AMD Catalyst 12.6 x86_64 drivers are broken on 64-bit Linux!! Something about the Catalyst 12.6 driver needing to pass a 64-bit pointer but is instead passing a 32-bit pointer + some corruption to xserver-xorg which causes newer 64-bit compiled versions of xserver-xorg-core (12.1) to crash instantly before loading the desktop!!

I'm not happy AMD, not happy at all.. At this point, both your open source and Catalyst drivers are broken for me.. I had to pin the old xserver* from Debian stable (Squeeze) to get the Catalyst 12.6 drivers to stop causing xserver-xorg to crash because it's sending a partially corrupted pointer on a 64-bit OS! Apparently this has been a known bug for over a month against the 12.6 Catalyst drivers and AMD doesn't seem to have done anything about it!!!

FIX IT PLEASE!!!
    Last edited by Sidicas; 02 July 2012, 12:00 AM.

Leave a comment:

• energyman
    replied
    so debian fucked up their xorg-server and that is amd's fault?

btw, kernel 3.0.X here... why the race to the latest kernels if there is ZERO difference for all practical reasons....

Leave a comment:

• fritsch
    replied
    On the aticonfig / amdconfig issue:

Replace /etc/ati/control with the version from 12.6b will fix the Non supported hardware detected when using aticonfig / amdconfig.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X