Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ungoliant
    replied
    Btw, I can say now that tearing is fixed that i'm probably not going back to nvidia unless they do something really big. My next card is very likely beeing ati again.

Leave a comment:

• ungoliant
    replied
    Originally posted by mendieta View Post
    In my hardware, HD4650, if I enable tear free video, it works great, but you watch a flash video in flash screen, you can't go back to windowed mode, you get an unresponsive white screen. You need to ctrl-alt-f2 and then ctrl-alt-f7. This unlocks the screen. The bug still occurs in 11.2, I just checked ...
    5770 here, 11.2 installed and I have no problem with fullscreen flash video.

Leave a comment:

• AnonymousCoward
    replied
    ccc reports old version

>>when I run the Catalyst Control Center the Catalyst version is still listed as 10.8 in the Information section<<

Known issue. Search the forums you should find the details. Basically you need to manually delete some files that get left by the previous driver version. IIRC you have to nuke /etc/ati/. Then reinstall the new driver and it will put the new versions in there.

Leave a comment:

• tsuru
    replied
    Originally posted by mendieta View Post
    Have you restarted the x-server? (you might also need a reboot, though I am not positive about this)
    Yes, restarted X and full reboot with 30 secs of no power.

Leave a comment:

• mendieta
    replied
    Originally posted by tsuru View Post
    I did --buildpkg Ubuntu/maverick and then installed with dpkg but when I run the Catalyst Control Center the Catalyst version is still listed as 10.8 in the Information section. Anyone else seeing this or have I done something wrong?
    Have you restarted the x-server? (you might also need a reboot, though I am not positive about this)

Leave a comment:

• tsuru
    replied
    Catalyst version didn't increment

I did --buildpkg Ubuntu/maverick and then installed with dpkg but when I run the Catalyst Control Center the Catalyst version is still listed as 10.8 in the Information section. Anyone else seeing this or have I done something wrong?

Leave a comment:

• AnonymousCoward
    replied
    checksum please

I wish ATI would post sha &or md5.

ati-driver-installer-11-2-x86.x86_64.run

sha1sum:
    adfa10cfc75d0859538ecefa953c982567bbf49e

md5sum:
    4db782c2a7924b965918275c39157a28

Leave a comment:

• PsynoKhi0
    replied
    Gonna download them, but just wanted to say first: thanks for providing a direct link!

Leave a comment:

• d2kx
    replied
    Originally posted by BlackStar View Post
    Trying to find similarities:
    - 512MB or 1GB version? (Mine is 512MB)
    - Did you use --buildpkg or did you run the installer directly?
    1GB version. Used --buildpkg for Ubuntu, but also works with the ATI Installer on Fedora. So it's probably a VRAM issue.

Leave a comment:

• mendieta
    replied
    Originally posted by Azpegath View Post
    I got curious, what does the "distribution packaging scripts" do? Is it to supply ready-to-ditribute packages for for Ubuntu, Fedora, Gentoo, etc?
    I know you answered yourself already But for the sake of clarity: the installer has an option that builds native packages for your distribution. This is by far the best installation method (it is easier to uninstall, upgrade, avoid conflicts with other software, etc)

Leave a comment:

Working...
X