X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TheWind
    replied
    Originally posted by dgrafenhofer View Post
    Have you tried to rebuild your xserver with the xserver-xorg-backclear.patch (do not confuse it with the no-backfill patch!):

http://swiss.ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php?p=8035730&postcount=30

On openSUSE 11.2 RC 1 this gives me fast desktop effects. Fullscreen flash videos are still off limits, but it is a start. As soon as openSUSE 11.2 is released, I will provide pre-built packages.

Dominik
    FullScreen Flash Video with compiz seems to be working. Tested youtube HD with compiz on with Midori/GTK+Webkit worked pretty well. Little tearing but not anything that was serious and it mainly appeared when lights / colors flickered in large amounts.

Just make sure Flash is actually using the video card ( a common problem with Compiz on ).

open your text editor as root mousepad / gedit etc
    Ex: gksudo mousepad
    in it write the line
    OverrideGPUValidation=1
    save the file as /etc/adobe/mms.cfg
    Flash will stop checking if compiz is on to disable acceleration and actually use it even if compiz is on. Then you'll have Flash with near the Performance it does in Windows BTW.
    Another thing I'm working if this actually has, at least partial, DRI2 support as Flash didn't crash from being hardware accelerated and running under compiz in full screen.
    Last edited by TheWind; 23 October 2009, 01:13 PM.

Leave a comment:

• dgrafenhofer
    replied
    Originally posted by claudius View Post
    I see no reason to install this unless they fixed xv or the slow resize/maximize issue with compiz/kwin. Stable 2.6.32 kernel should be coming out soon with open source 3d and kms for r600/r700.
    Have you tried to rebuild your xserver with the xserver-xorg-backclear.patch (do not confuse it with the no-backfill patch!):

http://swiss.ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php?p=8035730&postcount=30

On openSUSE 11.2 RC 1 this gives me fast desktop effects. Fullscreen flash videos are still off limits, but it is a start. As soon as openSUSE 11.2 is released, I will provide pre-built packages.

Dominik

Leave a comment:

• AozRoon
    replied
    Here they are, and they seem good...

Leave a comment:

• rbmorse
    replied
    Originally posted by homerhomer View Post
    I've done it! ATI stopped supporting my hardware (x300) on my laptop and I started to use the Open Source driver and honestly it's better that any of the close source drivers. And just out of spite I got my friend to move to Nvidia. YAY!
    Jeebus. What did your "friend" do to to you that you treat him like that?

Leave a comment:

• tmpdir
    replied
    Originally posted by albatorsk View Post
    And what's this, besides a "nyah, nyah, I know something you don't?"
    LOL

(damn text minimum)

Leave a comment:

• Kano
    replied
    Well the fglrx 9-3 driver was needed for working suspend for one laptop, there ever a new oss driver snapshot failed. For another system with radeon 9600 the driver was definitely too slow. Both tested on Debian lenny. With some tricks it is still possible to use 9-3 with 2.6.31 kernel, but not really stable and with errors in dmesg since 2.6.29. I would really prefer to see an updated legacy driver. When you are forced to use newer Xorg/Mesa and OSS drivers thats not what i like.

But 9-10 is still missing in action, so ati is even too stupid to put the file on the server BEFORE linking to it! Must be really clever people there!

Leave a comment:

• homerhomer
    replied
    I've done it! ATI stopped supporting my hardware (x300) on my laptop and I started to use the Open Source driver and honestly it's better that any of the close source drivers. And just out of spite I got my friend to move to Nvidia. YAY!

Leave a comment:

• albatorsk
    replied
    Originally posted by Michael on the front page
    Catalyst 9.10 also contains a major advancement too, which will be exposed in the near future. That's all for now.
    And what's this, besides a "nyah, nyah, I know something you don't?"

Leave a comment:

• claudius
    replied
    I see no reason to install this unless they fixed xv or the slow resize/maximize issue with compiz/kwin. Stable 2.6.32 kernel should be coming out soon with open source 3d and kms for r600/r700.

Leave a comment:

• grantek
    replied
    To be fair, I haven't had to use bash in a separate vty to fix fglrx in a while

Leave a comment:

Working...
X