X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maxzor
    replied
    Originally posted by piorunz View Post

Of course, I already told you the results. This package does not exist in Debian.

https://packages.debian.org/search?s...ds=rocm-opencl
    The link of the package team tells you how far you are from finding the packages in debian/ubuntu without doing any tweak

The official install instructions are arguably still not great, but chances that ROCm works with your 5.15 kernel are sky high (it works here)!
    Generally the ROCm documentation/press release teams are wayy too conservative when talking about "official support", and at the same time the support team is not reactive enough in the github issues. But the stack, given a bit of involvement, works suprprisingly well.
    Last edited by Maxzor; 11 February 2022, 12:30 PM.

Leave a comment:

• vein
    replied
    Originally posted by LumielGR View Post

Man, you are fast, I haven't even released the package yet :P
    HAha...ok I was too fast, I hadn't updated my system in a while and got an update on the package now and saw it was now using the rocm... but as I get it..it is not 5.0.0..bu the old version runs good on my fury card

Thank you for the package!

Leave a comment:

• piorunz
    replied
    Originally posted by ernstp View Post

Yeah I mean that as a slight tweak to the ROCm install instructions! If you follow them you will see what I mean.
    Where are ROCm install instructions please? https://repo.radeon.com/ doesn't have any frontend...

EDIT:
    @Maxzor thanks for the link, I will have a look.

EDIT2:

I had a look. Garbage, just like half a years ago when I checked last time.

It says (attached picture)

Chances that these .deb files and repository will work with my 5.15 Debian Testing are minimal. Last time I spend a few days trying it, no luck.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by piorunz; 11 February 2022, 12:10 PM.

Leave a comment:

• piorunz
    replied
    Originally posted by ernstp View Post

Ubuntu 22.04 is based on "bookworm/sid" so it should be pretty similar, though it's not exactly the same of course.

Did you do "apt install rocm-opencl" like I suggested?
    Of course, I already told you the results. This package does not exist in Debian.

Leave a comment:

• LumielGR
    replied
    Originally posted by vein View Post
    Thank you AMD, works perfectly on my old Fury card
    (Easiest way to install on Arch is the opencl-amd package from AUR)
    Man, you are fast, I haven't even released the package yet :P

Leave a comment:

• Maxzor
    replied

hsakmt-roct
    One thing sure is that this package is the thunk, the very basis of the stack userspace-side.
    You might want to read thoroughly the official install instructions again as mentioned. But they might be broken too, no clue.

AMD allows either to download from its site a tarball, containing all the binary deb. packages, and then to add your extracted-tarball-local-dir to the list of apt sources; or it allows to add to your apt sources directly something like https://repo.radeon.com/rocm/apt/5.0/ .

I did not use AMD packages (nor its metapackages like the *toolkit.deb ones) within last two months, I try to follow and map their names to the incoming official debian packages to manage future conflicts and updates (they are not ready yet, soon!), you can find this WIP mapping here, which reads (last time I checked really, contributions welcome) :
    hsakmt-roct-amdgpu
    Last edited by Maxzor; 11 February 2022, 11:59 AM.

Leave a comment:

• vein
    replied
    Thank you AMD, works perfectly on my old Fury card
    (Easiest way to install on Arch is the opencl-amd package from AUR)

Leave a comment:

• ernstp
    replied

hsakmt-roct
    Ubuntu 22.04 is based on "bookworm/sid" so it should be pretty similar, though it's not exactly the same of course.

Did you do "apt install rocm-opencl" like I suggested?

Leave a comment:

• ernstp
    replied

Uhm, what?

"You have searched for packages that names contain rocm-opencl in all suites, all sections, and all architectures.
    Sorry, your search gave no results"
    Yeah I mean that as a slight tweak to the ROCm install instructions! If you follow them you will see what I mean.

Leave a comment:

• piorunz
    replied
    Originally posted by Maxzor View Post

which package?
    hsakmt-roct

Leave a comment:

Working...
X