Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Debian skylake optimus nvidia freeze

Hi,
    I received my new laptop from my University 2 months ago. It is a HP Zbook Studio 15 g3 with a i7 6820HQ skylake processor and an Nvidia quadro M1000M optimus card. After trying various linux distrib, I succeed in installing a Debian (I work on Debian since 10 years), the Stretch testing with a 4.5 kernel. I tried to install a correct graphic stack, but I didn't succeed. Actually, the computer runs with the i915 driver, I can use the internal monitor but, only the internal monitor... Fans are very noisy. I suppose that the nvidia card is activated also, but I blacklisted the nouveau driver in order to not have a black screen.
    I tried to use the nvidia driver and bumblebee in order to stop the nvidia card most of the time, but with these drivers, my screen freezes just after gdm. I need to use an external monitor and xrandr never found another monitor that the internal one.
    Just before debian, I succeeded in installing ubuntu xenial with the same problems except than I only be able to have 2 monitors, the system never worked without an external monitor, it is complicated with a laptop... I read and test a lot of solutions on the web and I never succeed in a good configuration. Can you help me, or give me some advices? It is not possible for me to change the laptop because it is the only one with 32GB of RAM that can be bought through the french public market... I don't want to go back on MS Windows ...

Sebastien
Working...
X