Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kano
    replied

Very interesting release notes. Every performance option for KDE4 now enabled by default + new VDPAU API.

Leave a comment:

• d2kx
    replied
    NVIDIA 180.06 Linux Driver got released... but I don't have the hardware to test it.

Leave a comment:

• Detructor
    replied
    no compiz here.

I've a Nvidia 7800 GTX PCIe (maybe it helps)...others having problems, too.

simple search at http://community.enemyterritory.com/forums for "nvidia" you'll find various threads...(some ppl mentioned that they only have that problem when they use a combo: a specified kernel version and the nvidia 177.80 driver)

Leave a comment:

• marakaid
    replied
    I still get horrible framerates with ETQW in all distros I tried with my computer and this driver, the same as before.

Leave a comment:

• Vadi
    replied
    I haven't experienced the performance issue with 177 vs 173 drivers (tried lightsmark - 90fps with 173, 110 with 177), but I did hear others complaining about it too though.

Leave a comment:

• Dragoran
    replied
    Originally posted by jkrud View Post
    Blah blah blah... are they EVER going to fix the tremendously horrible widget/screen corruption for non-Qt apps and 6,7 series cards?!?!?!
    yes Plagman told me on IRC that this one is fixed in the 180.x branch.
    (if you are talking about the same corruption issue)

Leave a comment:

• DeepDayze
    replied
    Originally posted by deanjo View Post
    Haven't experienced any of that here with the 178.80 drivers. (FPS all within 2-3 fps of the older series). Are you running something like compiz or kwin 4 with effects?
    I'd say disable compiz when playing games..you need all the performance you can get while playing...compiz on top of all that can make your system hiccup. Not to mention the bugs in compiz that possibly can get tripped up during game play.

Leave a comment:

• deanjo
    replied
    Originally posted by Detructor View Post
    have they fixed the performance issue that was introduced in 177.80 I think (leads to random freezes/laggs when playing ET:QW / NexUIZ and a massive FPS drop)? Or do I still have to use the 173.xx driver?
    Haven't experienced any of that here with the 178.80 drivers. (FPS all within 2-3 fps of the older series). Are you running something like compiz or kwin 4 with effects?

Leave a comment:

• Detructor
    replied
    have they fixed the performance issue that was introduced in 177.80 I think (leads to random freezes/laggs when playing ET:QW / NexUIZ and a massive FPS drop)? Or do I still have to use the 173.xx driver?

Leave a comment:

• jkrud
    replied
    Blah blah blah... are they EVER going to fix the tremendously horrible widget/screen corruption for non-Qt apps and 6,7 series cards?!?!?!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X