X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• zanny
    replied
    That chart makes me happy.

OSX is mostly on 4.2 as well, so any new high end OGL engine should be targeting it. Yea, some hardware doesn't support beyond the 3 series, but I don't think that market is large enough to justify not using the indirect binds everywhere.

Leave a comment:

• justmy2cents
    replied
    Originally posted by halfmanhalfamazing View Post
    It's starting to look to me like Mesa 11 - when it is released - could or will contain all three OpenGL upgrades: 4.0, 4.1, and 4.2 at once.

Save one or two features down the line, all are either a) done or b) in progress. The big question is GLSL for these three.
    it is not starting to look this was said in september at mesa presentation. and it was also said 4.2 is most probable since 2 of hardest challenges are in 4.0

Leave a comment:

• halfmanhalfamazing
    replied
    OpenGL 4x trifecta

It's starting to look to me like Mesa 11 - when it is released - could or will contain all three OpenGL upgrades: 4.0, 4.1, and 4.2 at once.

Save one or two features down the line, all are either a) done or b) in progress. The big question is GLSL for these three.

Leave a comment:

• Kayden
    replied
    Originally posted by rikkinho View Post
    thank you intel i have sandy and ivy thank you so much
    Don't fret just yet - it sure looks to me like Neil implemented it on Ivybridge as well. So you should get it on at least one of your machines. Apparently Sandybridge hardware doesn't support BC7/BPTC, so there's not much the driver developers can do about that.

Leave a comment:

• rikkinho
    replied
    thank you intel

Originally posted by Ancurio View Post
    Wow, 4.1 and 4.2 portions are close to done for Intel.
    thank you intel i have sandy and ivy thank you so much

Leave a comment:

• Ancurio
    replied
    Wow, 4.1 and 4.2 portions are close to done for Intel.

Leave a comment:

• Intel Adds BPTC Texture Compression To Their Mesa Driver

Phoronix: Intel Adds BPTC Texture Compression To Their Mesa Driver

Intel has introduced BPTC texture compression support to Mesa and specifically their Intel HD Graphics driver along with the Mesa software rasterizer...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite
Working...
X