Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intel Arc A380 Desktop Graphics Launch In China

Phoronix: Intel Arc A380 Desktop Graphics Launch In China

Overnight Intel announced that the Arc A380 desktop GPU has launched in China and will begin appearing in the Chinese market this month...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Originally posted by Intel
    Intel Arc A380 GPUs will be available in China this month through system builders and then as components by original equipment manufacturers, followed shortly by system and component sales in other regions. The Intel Arc A380 GPU, with a recommended customer price of 1,030 yuan including VAT, delivers up to 25% better performance per yuan2 than available competitive offerings as measured by performance on a selection of popular games.
    Intel seriously thinks OEMs will want to put an Arc in their computers when they can get better margins and customer interest by simply continuing to bundle AMD or Nvidia graphics?

Comment

Originally posted by Sonadow View Post
      Intel seriously thinks OEMs will want to put an Arc in their computers when they can get better margins and customer interest by simply continuing to bundle AMD or Nvidia graphics?

Depends on what you are doing serous-ally. There are applications designed for Intel based GPUs to perform the best.

AM5 where it will have integrated APU in basically all CPUs from AMD on AM5. This could create a true hybrid beast system where you have you 16 lanes for GPU split in 2 so 8x pci5.0 for a Nvidia and 8x pci 5.0 for a Intel and AMD gpu in the cpu as one mix. Of course intel you have the reverse as well.

Of course this brings it own set of problems for OS designs because we could be going into a time frame of systems with multi vendor GPU setups as the normal..

Comment

This week on Forgotten Weapons...

Comment

Originally posted by oiaohm View Post
          Of course this brings it own set of problems for OS designs because we could be going into a time frame of systems with multi vendor GPU setups as the normal..
          Such systems were here for decades. Windows has support for that, from at least XP.

Comment

Did somebody say..... China?!?!
            ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fi.ytimg.com%2Fvi%2Fi1RoLxeE__k%2Fmaxresdefault.jpg&f=1&nofb=1.jpg

Comment

$150 USD sounds like great value for the money, I wonder what it will cost in the EU and US.

Comment

Originally posted by Ladis View Post
                Such systems were here for decades. Windows has support for that, from at least XP.
                IIRC Windows 98SE was the first Windows to have multimonitor support and you needed multiple graphics cards back then to use more than one monitor. I know that I had an S3 Virge as a secondary card at that time. Dual display boards (for consumers) came later than multi display support in Windows.

Multi-Vendor GPU systems were always possible with this and later Windows versions, sometimes it was a bit sketchy though.

Comment

Originally posted by Misel View Post

IIRC Windows 98SE was the first Windows to have multimonitor support and you needed multiple graphics cards back then to use more than one monitor. I know that I had an S3 Virge as a secondary card at that time. Dual display boards (for consumers) came later than multi display support in Windows.

Multi-Vendor GPU systems were always possible with this and later Windows versions, sometimes it was a bit sketchy though.
                  The first GPU with multiple monitors support was S3 Aurora in 1996:
                  "1st chip able to drive 2 displays with independent resolution and refresh rate thanks to "DuoView" technology."

Comment

As a pilot I have a very different opinion on what an A380 is

Comment

Working...
                    X