Intel Publishes Open-Source PSE Firmware

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sinepgib View Post

Just my thought. But I guess that would reduce trust from the fraction of users that actually see it as a feature. The blocking piece that is seen as anti-theft by those could seem easier to break (even if only in appearance) if open sourced.
    Note I'm 100% pro removing that, there's a whole bunch of bricked laptops in my country because the State program that provided them was dismantled and the unblocking servers tore down. They were supposed to be definitely unlocked when kids finished school, but that didn't happen. But I can see how companies may want to block stolen laptops and they wouldn't want the IME open.
    To me that sounds more like the Intel Theft Deterrent program than Management Engine.

Comment

Originally posted by skeevy420 View Post
      Hopefully this will encourage AMD to follow suit.
      Top voted question on the AMD AMA 5 years ago: https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comment...h1b/?context=3

AMD (Dr. Lisa, Robert Hallock, James Prior, and others) knows we want this :-(

Comment

Originally posted by Flospter101 View Post

To me that sounds more like the Intel Theft Deterrent program than Management Engine.
        Oh, sorry, I thought that was enforced by the ME. Is it not?

Comment

Working...
        X