X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ZeroPointEnergy
    replied
    Originally posted by Azrael5 View Post
    How linux teams are incompetents. The evidence.
    [x] can't write a simple sentence
    [x] calls others incompetent

LOL

Leave a comment:

• Danielsan
    replied
    How they will improve the time you release your finger from the power button and put it on the keyboard or the mouse is still a mystery...

[EDIT]
    I saw the slide this is not for personal computers purpose...
    Last edited by Danielsan; 09-11-2019, 10:33 AM.

Leave a comment:

• F.Ultra
    replied
    Originally posted by kokoko3k View Post

Damn, i can't join any linux team or i will be an incompetent; thanks for pointing it out, you're a lifesaver.
    I'm still not sure how you call the "Intel's Clear Linux Team (tm)", but that's enough.

Seriously, as often happens in Opensource software, features and optimizations are added when they are needed by developers.
    Don't bother, he is just a Microsoft fanboi/troll that is best to ignore completely.

Leave a comment:

• F.Ultra
    replied
    Originally posted by kokoko3k View Post
    So if i understand well from the PDF, what can be done right now without too much work is:
    Probing drivers in async way
    Use lz4 to compress (needs kernel rebuild?)
    boot with mem=xxxxm (but how to add the memory back?)
    and removing lots of kernel modules that they have no use for, note that this is a tailored installation where they know exactly what hardware that will exist at all times so not everything that they have done here can be applied to a generic desktop distribution. Then there is the problem which they stated in the PDF that lots of drivers use large timeouts to handle various pieces of broken hardware out there.

Leave a comment:

• nuetzel
    replied
    Great read. Thanks Intel. Even as AMD...

Leave a comment:

• kokoko3k
    replied
    Originally posted by R41N3R View Post
    Intel should maybe look at UEFI first, that beast wastes 30 seconds on my normal desktop systems! Even if my kernel would need 5 seconds to boot instead of 3, I wouldn't even notice this difference!
    Is your particular "UEFI"/"Bios"/Firmware implementation to be slow, not the UEFI itself.
    Old, but still relevant:
    https://www.anandtech.com/show/5793/...yte-and-msi/14
    Also, probably there are config knobs in your firmware motherboard to switch that will make his POST faster.

Leave a comment:

• kokoko3k
    replied
    Damn, i can't join any linux team or i will be an incompetent; thanks for pointing it out, you're a lifesaver.
    I'm still not sure how you call the "Intel's Clear Linux Team (tm)", but that's enough.

Seriously, as often happens in Opensource software, features and optimizations are added when they are needed by developers.
    Last edited by kokoko3k; 09-11-2019, 09:21 AM.

Leave a comment:

• R41N3R
    replied
    Intel should maybe look at UEFI first, that beast wastes 30 seconds on my normal desktop systems! Even if my kernel would need 5 seconds to boot instead of 3, I wouldn't even notice this difference!

Leave a comment:

• kokoko3k
    replied
    So if i understand well from the PDF, what can be done right now without too much work is:
    Probing drivers in async way
    Use lz4 to compress (needs kernel rebuild?)
    boot with mem=xxxxm (but how to add the memory back?)

Leave a comment:

• profoundWHALE
    replied
    That's "incompetent" not "incompetents" because you already made team plural.

Also I can't tell if this is supposed to be a question or a statement.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X