Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking Ahead To AMD Ryzen Mobile On Linux

Phoronix: Looking Ahead To AMD Ryzen Mobile On Linux

Following AMD on Twitter teasing new Ryzen announcements the past few days, today is expected to be the launch day for the new Ryzen Mobile hardware up to now known as "Raven Ridge"...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Razer??? You have got to be kidding me. That is wild even for wishful thinking. Razer (and the mobile industry as a whole) has brainwashed their customers to a point they don't even know what AMD is.

Comment

raven ridge sure looks awesome

Comment

Originally posted by Meteorhead View Post
        Razer??? You have got to be kidding me. That is wild even for wishful thinking. Razer (and the mobile industry as a whole) has brainwashed their customers to a point they don't even know what AMD is.
        I don't have much confidence in Razer at all, never had a great product from them but Lenovo and Dell must be my favorite laptop manufactures.

Originally posted by davidbepo View Post
        raven ridge sure looks awesome
        Sure do!
        It's what we were hoping the first apu's to be, so I think this will be a success!

Comment

all I want and need is an ThinkPad A... with that new Ryzen based APU ;-)!

Comment

I think it would be better move for AMD try to anticipate Pinnacle Ridge and launch APU's already based on then

Comment

I for one just can't take Razer seriously as a company considering their general company look, the way they communicate (including the time their official twitter account told their competitor to "suck their d*ck"), their advertising and specially their laptops remembering the way they essentially just knocked off the Macbook Pro (they're literally just the same design, including the internal layout, except in black with lime green accents). The whole company is pretty much the answer to what would happen if let a computer peripheral maker be run by 13-year-olds.

Comment

Michael, note that many OEMs have been notoriously bad in gimping AMD processors, such as every single excavator based system only had a single-channel of ram wired at all.
                Please see if you can get a dual-channel setup for testing :-)

Comment

First early article release confirms a 15W APU.

2700U is 15W, 4C8T, 2.2GHz base, 3.8GHz Turbo, option of mobile XFR on top, 1.6 TFLOPS 10CU 1300MHz GPU. TDP can be configured between 9W and 25W, the latter likely allows the turbos to be sustained for longer.

Comment

Laptop manufacters: dual channel PLEASE.
                    ## VGA ##
                    AMD: X1950XTX, HD3870, HD5870
                    Intel: GMA45, HD3000 (Core i5 2500K)

Comment

Working...
                    X