TEE Subsystem Proposed For Linux 4.12 Kernel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Vistaus View Post
    You don't need Spotify to listen to Spotify music links, you can use Tomahawk Player for that.
    As for Netflix: fair point, but you can also run Netflix on your Smart TV (like we do) so your laptop can stay blob-free then.
    No duh, you could keep a dedicated Windows PC for untrusted bullshit and a safe PC with linux, like most people do for gaming rigs, but that's beside his point.
    His point is that with these hardware subsystems you lose control of the programs/media you purchased.
    I just pointed out that when you accept any software/media license made in the last 2 decades you are bound to not do that anyway, so the fact that in the past you could breach the license more easily does not make the license any less bad. It was only easier to be a thief.

Comment

it concerns with intel trusted platform feature?

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post

It is bad because before software/services wasn't able to do that. Now that they are able to do it, they are and will.
        If you are not fine with it, its not like you have many alternative software/services to chose from.

All your friends are playing a game, they want to play with you and you want to play it too.
        Either install that game, or be the uncool friend who are left out, not playing with the others, not knowing what they're talking about, or getting new friends?

You bring home a girl and want to watch to Netflix and chill, oh wait you don't have Netflix.

You want to enjoy your life and listen to music, and have friends send you links to music on Spotify, then you need Spotify.
        Or you going to bother to hunt down random MP3 files from random shady internet websites?
        This is why we hack...

But yes, I don't spotify and still have hundreds of GB of MP3 files from decades of downloading from "shady internet websites"

Comment

It is bad because before software/services wasn't able to do that. Now that they are able to do it, they are and will.
          If you are not fine with it, its not like you have many alternative software/services to chose from.

All your friends are playing a game, they want to play with you and you want to play it too.
          Either install that game, or be the uncool friend who are left out, not playing with the others, not knowing what they're talking about, or getting new friends?

You bring home a girl and want to watch to Netflix and chill, oh wait you don't have Netflix.

You want to enjoy your life and listen to music, and have friends send you links to music on Spotify, then you need Spotify.
          Or you going to bother to hunt down random MP3 files from random shady internet websites?
          This does not apply to everyone. Not everyone is willing to use paid or ad-supported music streaming services at all, for instance. Not everyone has a home to "take a girl back to" and not everyone is a straight cisgendered male for that matter. As for the more general question of sex, as a tradtional gay culture bi guy I am used to situations where neither partner would want to wait for a movie to play out anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Luke View Post
            Not everyone has a home to "take a girl back to" and not everyone is a straight cisgendered male for that matter. As for the more general question of sex, as a tradtional gay culture bi guy I am used to situations where neither partner would want to wait for a movie to play out anyway.
            Nobody cares what you are, nobody asked.
            You got the point, doesn't matter how I worded it, you understood the underlying point, so you don't need to bring up some gender politics into this.

Comment

Nobody cares what you are, nobody asked.
              You got the point, doesn't matter how I worded it, you understood the underlying point, so you don't need to bring up some gender politics into this.
              This is rather about how now everyone has a use case for Netflix, Spotify, etc. I was just giving one example, surely there are many others

Comment

Working...
              X