No announcement yet.

AMD Ryzen 7 1800X Linux Benchmarks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Michael can you also do VP9 test alongside those x264 test?

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Octus View Post
      Michael can you also do VP9 test alongside those x264 test?
      OpenBenchmarking.org, Phoronix Test Suite, Linux benchmarking, automated benchmarking, benchmarking results, benchmarking repository, open source benchmarking, benchmarking test profiles
      Michael Larabel
      https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

This is great! Also, looking at the clock speeds gives a at least me pretty nice feeling. These processors are made to compete with the i7-6900 series with multicore performance and they do it very well.

But in the next few months when the R3 with 4Cores are released I am expecting them to push the clock speeds up a few notches since there is less heat sources on the die.
        Last edited by vein; 02 March 2017, 10:50 AM.

Comment

That compiling performance is awesome.

Comment

That looks like a nice motherboard! Its $300 on newegg, https://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...82E16813144016
            Too bad linux support is not so good right now. :/

Comment

I am sure that all the oddities will be worked out in the near future and extra performance from compilers added too

Comment

So you actually got a motherboard to test on Michael ... Me? I found out yesterday that neither of the two retailers here in Finland that had Ryzen up for pre-order have any ATX boards available at launch.

The one that I ordered mine from at least had some dates for when they'd be getting boards and the earliest they'd be able to deliver one without a pickup from their store/warehouse at an industrial estate in a city 300 km (~200 miles) from where I live is next week. As for the other store, when I went to ask about when they'd be getting any AM4 motherboards all they could say is that today is the official release date, but they didn't have a clue as to when they'd be getting any motherboards or CPUs. This which sort of makes you wonder why they were taking pre-orders in the first place?

Oh well... Seems like I'm reading up on benchmarks put up here on Phoronix and other sites this weekend rather than setting up a new system running my own benchmarks. Would have been really interesting to see how much my OC:ed i7 950 held back my GTX 970 but that'll have to wait until next week.

Comment

Any word on ACS/PCIe forwarding support? Has that landed in the kernel yet even for Summit Ridge?

Comment

Michael When you will test games can you test with hypert hreading disabled? It seems like HT can downgrade performance by 10-15%

Comment

Originally posted by Amarildo View Post

Are you kidding? AMD has 1/10th of Intel's budget, developed an extremely new technology, achieved equal performance as Intel's Top Tier, and are selling the processors for half the price!
                      im not kidding, some multi thread benchmarks are not having a good score in the last page michael comments it
                      but yeah, ryzen is amazing, the most disruptive processor of this century (for now)

Comment

Working...
                      X