Clear All

Originally posted by Kano View Post
    current Flash
    what is it ?
    Try watching Netflix with Power8, have fun
    solution is simple - use torrents until netflix fixes their shit

Comment

I would not recommend using torrents or other sharing apps with uploads as some specialized lawyers in germany like to send expensive adhortatory letters (even for some simple audio files). So keep your ideas for yourself! Flash is used for DRM protected media, like Spotify - and your Power8 has no native app for that as well, but i know your solution already.

Comment

Could someone please post a photo of their Power 8 desktop. Out of everyone on this forums, at least someone has got hold of a modern Power chip right?..

... Noone?

Thought so...

The day Power 8 chips *actually* get released and are available in laptops is the day that it is remotely feasible to migrate from Intel.

Comment

Originally posted by pal666 View Post
          main linux kernel developer and skylake seller is the same company. so you fucked either your logic, your knowledge, or both
          So what? Two years later Bay Trail support is still crap, and mobile SoC still hand without limiting C-State.

Comment

Originally posted by RussianNeuroMancer View Post
            So what? Two years later Bay Trail support is still crap, and mobile SoC still hand without limiting C-State.
            so noone else to blame but intel

Comment

I would not recommend using torrents or other sharing apps with uploads as some specialized lawyers in germany like to send expensive adhortatory letters (even for some simple audio files).
              everyone uses torrents, but feel free to fear
              Flash is used for DRM protected media
              flash is dead, even adobe says it

Comment

Originally posted by pal666 View Post
                so noone else to blame but intel
                They doesn't finish writing drivers for their very own SoC in two years, doesn't publish firmware to make audio working on most of tablets with their own SoC, doesn't implement support for battery controller in their own SoC and finally even doesn't know themselves how to properly implement V-Sync on their own GPU? Who is to blame? (While all of this has been done for Windows and Android, obviously.)

Do you want to see list of bugreports? (There is more problems than I mention.) Or you know situation with BayTrail?
                Last edited by RussianNeuroMancer; 15 April 2016, 11:36 PM.

Comment

Hi,
                  Is my laptop (i5-6300HQ) affected?

Comment

At least the Package C8 is reached. Is it using SATA or NVME?

Comment

Originally posted by RussianNeuroMancer View Post
                      Who is to blame?
                      intel
                      what point are you trying to make?

Comment

Working...
                      X