No announcement yet.

Intel Core i5 6500 Is Looking Like A Nice $200 Skylake Processor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you want ECC support you need the corresponding C chipset. Otherwise you gain nothing, sometimes you just get CPUs without GPU.

Comment

Originally posted by magika View Post
      Graphics Driver Installer what? mesa-git + xf86-video-intel
      I'm a newbie to the Linux world, and the installer is simply binaries pre-compiled with an installer script. I asked them if maybe I simply need to manually install the components (which is your daily bread & butter, I guess, but is new for me), and... nothing

Comment

Here's the initial Core i5 6500 Linux review - http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=22252
        Michael Larabel
        https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by kenjitamura View Post
          It'd probably be a better idea to wait and see if Intel does the same thing with their skylake Xeon's as they did the haswell ones. If they do it will mean people will be able to buy an i7 without the integrated graphics at ~$240. It's honestly been Intel's only awesome price for the performance deal in years.
          Unless Intel pulls the same shit they pulled with the Broadwell E3 v4

Comment

Originally posted by Kano View Post
            Basically standard chips without K are a bit boring, of course you can use em for a new pc, but a core speed of 3200, 3600 Turbo is not really impressive. It is certainly nothing you buy for an upgrade if you already own Sandy Bridge or newer. If i would buy a cpu, then only a K model in a Z board...
            I'm buying only non-K CPUs and non-Z boards. I want to have PC which is completely silent, doesn't increase room temperature and air filters aren't jammed with dust which means fans don't run faster than 500 RPM without overheating.
            Last edited by JS987; 15 October 2015, 06:26 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X