No announcement yet.

AMD FX-8320E Performance On Linux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• After googling for about 5 minutes, here is a Wikipedia page listing the entire AMD FX line as being ECC enabled. I have no idea if the motherboard supports it though.

5 more minutes of googling and I found this, which basically says that it's a big pile of "We have no idea; nothing makes sense."

5 more minutes and found instructions on how to check for ECC support

And there's also a thread here on Phoronix regarding AM3 motherboards

Comment

• If I had the chance to ask Mr. Putin one thing, it would be this: "Who would win a fight? A Grizzly bear, or a Long Horn bull?

(And then we'll hear the strangest rant about power evar!)

Comment

• Originally posted by drSeehas View Post
        The RAM works or ECC works?
        Do you have any proof ECC works?

What makes you sure?
        The memory controller is on the CPU, all mobos support what the CPU does, the only changes to that are for overclocking as the shortest traces to the ram will be required to hit the highest possible bandwidth/lowest timings.

this changes for Intel CPUs as even though their CPUs have the memory controller on chip, Intel, explicitly for the purposes of market segmentation physically disable ECC in non Xeon CPUs save for some of the i3 series CPUs.

Comment

• Originally posted by profoundWHALE View Post
          So this is what it must be like in these mailing lists when developers start throwing sand at each other, and then decide to split the sandbox because they can't get along.
          Yeah, he's pretty clueless, should go check him out in the Fedora dropping 32 bit for lulz for him whining about his Atom netbook with absolutly no technical arguments to back up his piss and vinigar.

Comment

• Originally posted by duby229 View Post
            If I had the chance to ask Mr. Putin one thing, it would be this: "Who would win a fight? A Grizzly bear, or a Long Horn bull?

(And then we'll hear the strangest rant about power evar!)
            They'd probably just make a lot of noise and taunts and then walk away, because they both know that they'd kill each other.

Originally posted by Kivada View Post
            Yeah, he's pretty clueless, should go check him out in the Fedora dropping 32 bit for lulz for him whining about his Atom netbook with absolutly no technical arguments to back up his piss and vinigar.
            Well then what incentive would there be to visit the forums?

Comment

Working...
            X