X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wargames
    replied
    Originally posted by bridgman View Post
    ... that seems odd, since the first time I talked about starting to work on it was just over a year ago and I said it wouldn't be quick and that we didn't know at the time what (if anything) we would end up being able to release. What do you think we "promised" ?

I guess, although to the best of my knowledge shooting messengers has *never* accomplished anything in the entire history of mankind and after the first couple of times it doesn't even make you feel any better
    The thing is AMD is losing customers. I for one will never buy an AMD GPU again. Enough is enough, you (AMD) are playing with us. You need to learn something from Intel and Nvidia, at least they are coherent with their policy. The former makes ONLY an opensource driver, while the latter makes ONLY one closed source driver. Your situation is somewhat schizophrenic, you give us a buggy binary driver or an incomplete open source one.

P.D: Note this has nothing to do with you personally bridgman, because I know you are doing the best you can.

Leave a comment:

• bobwya
    replied
    @Bridgeman,

I've more sympathy for your work on the AMD Gallium driver - which has seen great improvements over the past ~5 years. Compare this then to the work on Catalyst (or should I say lack of work perhaps)... When I play STALKER : SOC (via Wine) on Gallium the FPS is very low - but there no rendering anomalies. Catalyst 13.1 struggles with some of the more advanced lighting effects in recent mods (as have all previous versions) - big jagged black lines coming down from the heavens, glitched shadows, etc.... Glitches that aren't present (naturally) when I use an Nvidia GPU...

(Sighes) Goes back to Windows 7 for gaming on my laptop with an AMD (Radeon 4650M) GPU... Sadly AMD don't appear to be able to produce a fully working Linux driver for this chip (either closed or open -source)...

Leave a comment:

• GreatEmerald
    replied
    Originally posted by Sonadow View Post
    I don't mind having broken power savings on a desktop GPU or processor since...well..it's a desktop. It's always plugged into the mains.

What I cannot stand are broken power savings on mobile AMD hardware. So please prioritize those over your desktop hardware.
    I don't think there's all that much difference there.

Leave a comment:

• smitty3268
    replied
    Originally posted by Serge View Post
    And how did that turn out for that guy? :P
    Well, we're still talking about him 2.5 thousand years later.

Leave a comment:

• Sonadow
    replied
    I don't mind having broken power savings on a desktop GPU or processor since...well..it's a desktop. It's always plugged into the mains.

What I cannot stand are broken power savings on mobile AMD hardware. So please prioritize those over your desktop hardware.

Leave a comment:

• Ramiliez
    replied
    I guess, although to the best of my knowledge shooting messengers has *never* accomplished anything in the entire history of mankind and after the first couple of times it doesn't even make you feel any better
    True you have to soften him up a bit first

Leave a comment:

• Serge
    replied
    Originally posted by archibald View Post
    Kicking them into pits of death however, shows that you and your 300 personal bodyguards are badasses...
    And how did that turn out for that guy? :P

Leave a comment:

• archibald
    replied
    Kicking them into pits of death however, shows that you and your 300 personal bodyguards are badasses...

Leave a comment:

• bridgman
    replied
    Originally posted by brent View Post
    So far all we've only heard hollow promises, for years.
    ... that seems odd, since the first time I talked about starting to work on it was just over a year ago and I said it wouldn't be quick and that we didn't know at the time what (if anything) we would end up being able to release. What do you think we "promised" ?

Originally posted by Ericg View Post
    We know Bridgman, we know the engineers and legal are trying to release the PM code. We're just annoyed at that lack of materializing documenation / code. It ain't your fault, you just get the shit since you're basically AMD's only reprensative here on the forums. The joys of being the messenger, right? :/
    Last edited by bridgman; 28 March 2013, 12:47 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Ericg
    replied
    We are... I've mentioned that a couple of times here.
    We know Bridgman, we know the engineers and legal are trying to release the PM code. We're just annoyed at that lack of materializing documenation / code. It ain't your fault, you just get the shit since you're basically AMD's only reprensative here on the forums. The joys of being the messenger, right? :/

Leave a comment:

Working...
X