Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intel Still Sorting Out Haswell On Linux

Phoronix: Intel Still Sorting Out Haswell On Linux

Intel should finally have Haswell graphics support on Linux in shape with the Linux 3.8 kernel after earlier admitting they screwed up, not all areas of the open-source GPU driver support are polished ahead of the big Haswell CPU launch in 2013...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

intel drivers:

windows: 048284924804324042904 people working on them

linux: 3

:/

Comment

Originally posted by Pallidus View Post
      intel drivers:

Os Market Share

windows: 80%

linux: 1.5%

Comment

Originally posted by Pallidus View Post
        intel drivers:

while intel could easily afford to hire more linux devs, the amount of effort and progress they're making is impressive.

Comment

That's Disneyland compared to wayland or samba, where progress is at a glacial pace. The only foss project that is not undermanned is gcc. That's because is has 4000 corporate contributers.

Comment

Wake me up when Intel supports the latest version of OpenGL on Haswell, just like they support the latest version of DirectX. They're still only promising support for OpenGL 4.0, when there have been other 3 versions released since that one came out. I can't take Intel seriously in the graphics department until they can support the latest version of OpenGL like Nvidia and AMD do.

Comment

Originally posted by Krysto View Post
              Wake me up when Intel supports the latest version of OpenGL on Haswell, just like they support the latest version of DirectX. They're still only promising support for OpenGL 4.0, when there have been other 3 versions released since that one came out. I can't take Intel seriously in the graphics department until they can support the latest version of OpenGL like Nvidia and AMD do.
              Meanwhile you are still playing games that requires OpenGL version no later than 1.4

Comment

Working...
              X