Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Phenom II X6 1055T or Phenom II X4 965 BE ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Emanem
    replied
    Originally posted by Kano View Post
    Because the 1055T is too slow.
    Just because the max speed of 6 cores is 400 MHz lower?
    Is this the only reason?
    Then would you recommend a X4?

Cheers,

Leave a comment:

• Kano
    replied
    Because the 1055T is too slow.

Leave a comment:

• Emanem
    replied
    It will use turbo when 50% of the cores are idle. Basically only the 1090T is interesting but too expensive.
    Sorry don't get, why only 1090T would be interesting and not 1055T?

Leave a comment:

• Kano
    replied
    300 € for the cpu would be at least 50 € too much.

Leave a comment:

• deanjo
    replied
    It will use turbo when 50% of the cores are idle. Basically only the 1090T is interesting but too expensive.
    I think your the first person that I have heard refer to the 1090T as to expensive. Performance per dollar, it pretty much wipes the board clean.

Leave a comment:

• curaga
    replied
    Depends, for a hexa 1090T is still cheap.

Leave a comment:

• Kano
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Emanem
    replied
    More raw speed is always good for games, when you use gentoo or compile much then more cores are interesting. That's why Intel will sell a i5-680 soon - 3.60 ghz (+turbo 3.83 ghz). Many games do not need more than 2 cores but scale well with higher frequency.
    My point is, how many cores out of 6 are able to reach 3.3 GHz?

Cheers,

Leave a comment:

• Kano
    replied
    More raw speed is always good for games, when you use gentoo or compile much then more cores are interesting. That's why Intel will sell a i5-680 soon - 3.60 ghz (+turbo 3.83 ghz). Many games do not need more than 2 cores but scale well with higher frequency.

Leave a comment:

• Emanem
    replied
    Originally posted by curaga View Post
    I'd take the hexacore. Even in single-threaded stuff it's just about equal to the x4, thanks to the turbo.

It's also a newer part, so might have some new instructions. Not 100% sure about that though.
    Thanks, this is what I was thinking about.
    Btw, any link to the official spec about this new AMD technology (just to check)?

Even because I don't think I'll use the X4 at 100% 4 cores a lot, plus, even if I'd use this way I guess that:
    on same MT process
    6x 2.8 > 4x 3.4
    But if we're talking about multi process I fear the cache would do it in favour of the X4...

Any other comment/suggestion?

Cheers,

Leave a comment:

Working...
X