Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OCZ DDR3 PC3-12800 Black Edition

Phoronix: OCZ DDR3 PC3-12800 Black Edition

As can be seen in many Phoronix articles and in the memory reviews themselves, OCZ memory is quite common to Phoronix. While OCZ Technology is only eight years old, they have done a phenomenal job at building a terrific brand that is highly regarded among enthusiasts, gamers, and professionals. OCZ has expanded over the years from just being a system memory producer to a vendor of interesting flash drives and high-performance SSDs, among other products, but in this review we have caught ourselves looking at another OCZ DDR3 memory kit. The OCZ DDR3 PC3-12800 Black Edition kit is specifically designed for use with AMD's latest processors and chipsets.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

its weird how I only have had bad experiences with OCZ, got 2 packs of 2x2GB DDR3 1600 gold, one of the 4 gave memtest errors (on all dimm slots), so exchanged one pack of 2 for a new one, that contained 1 dimm that would not even register let alone boot the pc, so back it went for a another pack of 2 which contained another one with mem errors. So just gave up and am running 3*2gb for that machine.

Comment

So if I understand this article correctly, although it's possible to run the ram faster (or slower with faster timings), it's more ideal to simply run at stock speeds and timings. Is that right?

I actually just upgraded my pc recently (first time since 2003!) using 4 sticks of this stuff and it works great for me (no errors on memtest, etc) . i'm not much of an overclocker, but i do experiment from time to time.

Comment

Working...
      X