Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intel Core i5 750, Core i7 870 Linux Benchmarks

Phoronix: Intel Core i5 750, Core i7 870 Linux Benchmarks

Now that we have provided a brief overview of the Intel P55 and how it functions under Linux, our larger area of concentration is looking at the Linux performance of the P55 with the new Core i5 750 and Core i7 870 processors. We have a number of benchmarks in this article along with more information on these Lynnfield processors.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Awesome Thanks for the review..

So it seems my Phenom II X4 will have significant lead over these i5 and i7

Could you please include some Phenom II X4 955 benchmarks.

Comment

What sense in comparing Intel quad core CPU to AMD tri core CPU?

You should at least include Intel Core 2 Quad CPU (to compare architecture improovements) and AMD Phenom II X4 (to compare new Intel CPUs to REAL competiotion, not to some weaker and cheaper tripple core Phenom II X3).

These whole benchmarks just compare Intel i5 to Intel i7 CPUs performance and nothimg more ... really disapoining.

Why waste time at all for such uncomplete tests?

Comment

Originally posted by vermaden View Post
        These whole benchmarks just compare Intel i5 to Intel i7 CPUs performance and nothimg more ... really disapoining.

Why waste time at all for such uncomplete tests?
        From my point of view, I can se Phenom X3 710 kicking Intel into his core i5 butt

Comment

I have ask amd senior executive to send some CPUs to Phoronix. But I would suggest you to ask your hardware vendor to lend them for testing.

A Quad should be tested with Quad.

Comment

The benchmarks are interesting, where is the pts code to compare against? Also adding Phenom II X965, Intel Q9550, would be interesting, as they are from the same price range, i7 860 instead of 870 would be more logical too, as 870 is much more expensive than i7 920/860.

Comment

Dear God, putting AMD's tricore against Intel's newest quads? Poor AMD. Michael you should hit them up for a 955 at least! Very surprised to see the X3 outperforming the Nehalems in places.

Comment

Nice review, I'm guessing you only had that tricore at hand. But it really did do well. I was very impressed with its performance compared to Intel's i5 and i7.

Any chance you could add a Top of the range Phenom II X4 in there?

Comment

Looks like phenom is very fast core but lags in memory bandwidth so test that are memory limited are lose to AMD processors.

Comment

I think the only thing these benchmarks show is that Stream is the only software that accurately represents the performance of these processors over the AMD. I don't dislike AMD but I find it highly unlikely that it out performs ANY i7 processor on the market. If that is the case then Phoronix is the only review site I've ever seen that has come to this conclusion.

Comment

Working...
                    X