AMD Announces Ryzen Embedded 8000 Series With Focus On Industrial AI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by coder View Post
    It's funny how you call me a dictator, but I really don't care if you want to bitch about AI all day. The only thing I care about is that you don't troll me into a debate over it.

Okay, so fuck off and don't come back.

This literally never was about your opinion, it's about your behavior. Since you accuse me of being a liar and dictator, I'll repay the favor and point out that you're being a narcissist, because you seem unable to see or accept that there may have been a problem in your own actions.
    He must be trolling. No one is that dumb.

Comment

Originally posted by coder View Post
      You don't seem to get it. Often times, what's required of an embedded solution is that it be cheap & reliable. Performance-wise, it merely needs to be adequate. If Zen 1 fits the bill, then a company has no incentive to re-engineer their product to use the latest & greatest CPU. That engineering & validation effort costs money, not to mention the higher unit-cost of using the newer chips, yet would likely offer no perceived benefit to the end user.

Furthermore, because of these reasons, industrial equipment makers often require embedded chips to have long-term availability windows (10 years is not atypical), specifically so they don't have to frequently re-engineer their products and then support a whole bunch of different versions in the field.

You clearly don't understand this market. It's funny how strong people's opinions can be of something they don't understand.
      He doesn't understand. AI is just beginning and it's a really bad development. I am reading about it just because we can't avoid it. AMD pretty much ignores everything other than gaming but the fact they are focusing major attention on AI - is really saying something.

Comment

Originally posted by Panix View Post
        He doesn't understand. AI is just beginning and it's a really bad development. I am reading about it just because we can't avoid it. AMD pretty much ignores everything other than gaming but the fact they are focusing major attention on AI - is really saying something.
        AI does exist since dozens of years ! I even studied it 30 years ago, when it was not a trend yet. Maybe your weren't even born that I was studying it already.

What is new today is the power of processors, which are much much faster and the BIG DATA, but the AIs still have the same theorical bases.
        The biggest revolution is not the AI , but the PROCESSORS SPEED and the BIG DATA.
        PROCESSORS SPEED thanks to Intel, Amd, Ngreedia etc etc.
        BIG DATA thanks to people who share their life on facebook, instagram, tiktok , xtwitter and other social medias who are saving and using billions and billions of data to feed their AIs.

Comment

Working...
        X