X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JEBjames View Post
    "one Zen 4 and one Zen 4C core was around 84% the speed of two Zen 4 cores"
    Wow.

AMD can glue together their lowest binned Zen 4C cores, lowest yield slowest GPU dies. Glue it together. And it's still pretty decent. In fact, it's pretty good?
    There is no gluing going on here. It's a purpose-built monolithic die for low-end and mobile.

Comment

Do the built in GPU with these CPU's have X264 or AV1 encoders?

Comment

Originally posted by Kjell View Post
        AMD's approach to "e-cores" makes sense unlike the monstrosity which Intel has produced. I can see it being useful for laptops or datacenters.. Desktops? No.. It's a waste of silicon. JUST MAKE PROPER CPUS
        As it is not possible for all cores to run at highest clock speed anyway, I think it also makes perfect sense for desktop.

Comment

Originally posted by theriddick View Post
          Do the built in GPU with these CPU's have X264 or AV1 encoders?
          Through the power of this website......

Google Is Your Friend If someone askes you annoying questions, tell him about giybf.com!

I found the answer for you here.....

Comment

Couldn’t you have run on the zen 4c only by using taskset?

Comment

AMD's approach to "e-cores" makes sense unlike the monstrosity which Intel has produced. I can see it being useful for laptops or datacenters.. Desktops? No.. It's a waste of silicon. JUST MAKE PROPER CPUS
              I see a place for these CPUs. Think more embedded space and low power entry-level severs. Very much in the space that Intel's current Celron and N100 chips are doing. These would be great in 1-liter machines.

Comment

Originally posted by hydrian View Post

I see a place for these CPUs. Think more embedded space and low power entry-level severs. Very much in the space that Intel's current Celron and N100 chips are doing. These would be great in 1-liter machines.
                It's perfect for NUC / Android TV as long as it stays away from Desktop CPUs.

Comment

It's perfect for NUC / Android TV as long as it stays away from Desktop CPUs.
                  Quite reality-disconnected comment if you consider that the 8500g compiles the linux kernel in less than 3 minutes.
                  Perhaps 90% of desktop machines in the world will never do such intensive task in their whole lifetime.

Comment

Originally posted by X_m7 View Post
                    Has there been any benchmarks of Zen4 vs Zen4c at the same clockspeed? I'd be interested in seeing how much of the 4c's efficiency advantage is just because of its lower frequency.
                    It would also be nice to have some single threaded process benchmarks - which are incredibly missing in this review - to see how the kernel behaves and if it is capable of moving the single thread to the "performance core" or not (the answer is "probably not", if I take a look to the previous benchmarks).

Comment

Originally posted by Slartifartblast View Post

I found the answer for you here.....
                      Thanks, thought doesn't really give any info on how well it actually performs. Wonder if anyone has actually tried it out.

Comment

Working...
                      X