Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RADV Driver Fixes Mesh Shader Support For AMD Phoenix APUs

Phoronix: RADV Driver Fixes Mesh Shader Support For AMD Phoenix APUs

Valve's Linux graphics driver team has fixed the Vulkan mesh shader support for those using RDNA3 integrated graphics with Phoenix APUs on the latest Mesa RADV driver code...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

There are also a MR that fix/workaround GS_FAST_LAUNCH 2 performance drop for gfx11 dgpu

Comment

Hey, thanks everyone working on it!

Once upon a time we had no opens source drivers, now we are seeing good support and continuous fixes!

Bought a 7640HS laptop, I hope everything shall work properly!

Comment

Looking forward to this fix on my Beelink GTR7PRO.
        It makes me so happy that fixes like these just keep coming. Thanks to all involved!

Comment

Now if only they could fix whatever is causing the whole system to crash when playing Helldiver's 2 with 7000 series GPUs. It happens on both Windows and Linux. Sure, the game might be doing something wrong, but that should cause the game to crash not the drivers/system. It's a hardware or driver issue in the end.

Comment

Originally posted by Daktyl198 View Post
            Now if only they could fix whatever is causing the whole system to crash when playing Helldiver's 2 with 7000 series GPUs. It happens on both Windows and Linux. Sure, the game might be doing something wrong, but that should cause the game to crash not the drivers/system. It's a hardware or driver issue in the end.
            Assuming we're talking about the same issue, it's been reported multiple times (this is the latest incarnation: https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/drm/amd/-/issues/3092) and it's a known bug with an unknown cause and as of now an unknown solution. It's not game-specific, e.g. on my system it's been crashing with Cyberpunk 207, and other people have been reporting all kinds of games. But this is the very first time I'm hearing that it happens on Windows as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Nocifer View Post

Assuming we're talking about the same issue, it's been reported multiple times (this is the latest incarnation: https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/drm/amd/-/issues/3092) and it's a known bug with an unknown cause and as of now an unknown solution. It's not game-specific, e.g. on my system it's been crashing with Cyberpunk 207, and other people have been reporting all kinds of games. But this is the very first time I'm hearing that it happens on Windows as well.
              I'm not sure the bug we're talking about is the same one. This bug I'm talking about happens very consistently for every single Helldivers 2 player with a 7000 series GPU. It's a well discussed issue in the community, and the dev team has supposedly been in contact with AMD about it. Meanwhile the bug you linked seemed to be generic driver instability that triggers on different games for different people.

Comment

Working...
              X