Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zhaoxin Preparing Preferred Core Support For Their CPUs On Linux

Phoronix: Zhaoxin Preparing Preferred Core Support For Their CPUs On Linux

Similar to Intel and AMD processors with not all cores necessarily being created equal, Zhaoxin engineers are working on plumbing preferred core support for their processors into the Linux kernel...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Similar to Intel and AMD processors with not all cores necessarily being created equal
    Did someone just violate an NDA?

Is this supposed to imply that AMD will soon be releasing CPUs with E-cores?

Comment

Originally posted by sophisticles View Post

AMD has been using the "preferred cores" nomenclature since Zen 2, and Ryzen Master even marks the "best" cores. You can read more about it in this Anandtech article.

As for "E-cores" AMD is going a different route with "c" cores starting with Zen 4c. In contrast to Intel designs, where P- and E-cores are using different micro-architectures, those compact cores retain full compatibility with base architecture. They differ by using a specialized area-efficient transistor library (which results in lower frequencies), and by reducing cache sizes. As far as I know at the moment there are only all-Zen 4 or all-Zen 4c products, but it is rumored that AMD is readying to release processors utilizing both at the same time.

Edit: Apparently they already released hybrid Zen 4 + Zen 4c with Ryzen 5 7545U and Ryzen 3 7440U.
      Last edited by numacross; 29 December 2023, 03:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by sophisticles View Post

Hello everybody,

I would like to apologize for my posts under nickname "sophisticles" and "hel88".

the thing is, I am very sick person. Schizophrenia with manic depression.
        When I'm on my medication like now, I feel ashamed for the things that I do when not on medication.

For example, when I'm not using my therapy properly I get this crazy tendency to troll on linux forums. For that devious purpose I am using nicknames "sophisticles" and "hel88". under those nicknames I write crazy, insane things. when I am on regular therapy like now, I cannot believe the crap that I wrote under those 2 nicknames.

overall, I would like all of you to know that I don't really mean what I write under those 2 nicknames and also, I love linux, open source and gpl. and yes, microsoft sucks.​

Comment

Working...
        X