No announcement yet.

TuxClocker 1.2 Released With AMD GPU Thermal Monitoring, CPU Governor Controls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TuxClocker 1.2 Released With AMD GPU Thermal Monitoring, CPU Governor Controls

Phoronix: TuxClocker 1.2 Released With AMD GPU Thermal Monitoring, CPU Governor Controls

Ever since the release of TuxClocker 1.0 last month, this open-source community software project for enhancing overclocking controls under Linux has been living up to the "release early, release often" mantra. Out today is TuxClocker 1.2...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Splendid.

Comment

Originally posted by Nth_man View Post
      Splendid.
      Indeed, this is why I love Linux (and Open source communities by proxy).

Comment

What's missing in NVIDIA support?
        Lurkki

Any possibility of code sharing and collaboration with other projects such as CoreCtl, GWE and others?
        Last edited by timofonic; 21 October 2023, 11:12 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by timofonic View Post
          What's missing in NVIDIA support?
          Lurkki
          Why is NVML news in 1.1 and 1.2? Is that a typo as this was an already supported feature?
          Fan control and PCIe bandwidth utilization reading through NVML was new in 1.1.

Comment

btw....which brand has laptops with better support for linux ? i not interested in top line for each but the affordable to cheap ones....
            like asus tuf 2013/ Lenovo LOQ and the likes
            i dont really care if the manufacturer offer suppor. i'm interested in what is supported by linux default (i use arch). its nice to have bios support by fwupd but i don't really care.
            preferable a brand that offers more bios options than the crap bios that TUF has (it has almost no useful options)

edit: linux as in default distros + community support (ike how asus has asusctl)
            Last edited by loganj; 21 October 2023, 12:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Lurkki View Post

Fan control and PCIe bandwidth utilization reading through NVML was new in 1.1.
              I didn't read the news correctly. That's why I modified the forum post later, sorry.

Comment

Does anyone have an RDNA 3 card that can test their card with this program so the dev can have some feedback?

A condition I have for considering a 7900 XT/X gpu is fan curve/voltage control and hdmi 2.1 - (I have a 4K tv - and I am sticking with 50"+ screens so a display almost certainly won't have displayport option) - or I'll have to reluctantly choose a darn nvidia gpu again.

Comment

Is there a problem with running DP GPU outputs through an active / sufficiently good DP to HDMI converter in that use case for your use case, or it's just irrelevant if you only use the one HDMI display?

I haven't kept up with the features of HDMI 2.1 vs. other minor revisions vs. DP revisions vs. whatever mix AMD/NV/Intel GPUs tend to have in the past generation or two.

Originally posted by Panix View Post
                  Does anyone have an RDNA 3 card that can test their card with this program so the dev can have some feedback?

A condition I have for considering a 7900 XT/X gpu is fan curve/voltage control and hdmi 2.1 - (I have a 4K tv - and I am sticking with 50"+ screens so a display almost certainly won't have displayport option) - or I'll have to reluctantly choose a darn nvidia gpu again.

Comment

Is this tool likely hitting ubuntu / debian / opensuse / fedora core distributions any time soon, at least to the extent they may already have in some cases distro repo options for nvidia, AMD GPU/CPU driver stacks that may not be fully free?

Although I still wonder to what extent the nvidia driver & tools will change to more fully supported by the distros. given the open kernel modules being more stable / useful / applicable supposedly these days.

Comment

Working...
                    X