Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AMD Ryzen Z1 Extreme Proves Very Versatile For Power/Performance - Benchmarks Against The Ryzen 7 7840U

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it possible to build a desktop PC with a Z1?

Comment

Originally posted by darkbasic View Post
      Why don't they make laptops with this thing then?
      These chips are targeted for gaming devices, my understanding is that they have a better iGPU than what one would expect in an APU on that range, while the average laptop user prefers a more powerful CPU.

Comment

Originally posted by ktecho View Post
        How can a smaller device have more performance than a bigger device with better cooling and the same CPU?
        The larger device is optimizing more for battery time, rather than performance.

Comment

Originally posted by smitty3268 View Post

while providing admirable performance as well

Comment

Originally posted by smitty3268 View Post

That's cool, but that should be customizable. Now I set this profile because I need that the battery lasts for 20 hours, now I want full power.

Comment

Originally posted by ktecho View Post

That's cool, but that should be customizable. Now I set this profile because I need that the battery lasts for 20 hours, now I want full power.
              Asus lets you do precisely this (and you can do it in linux too), but even the conservative profiles are turbo happy.

Comment

Working...
              X