Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AMD EPYC 9554 & EPYC 9654 Benchmarks - Outstanding Performance For Linux HPC/Servers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMD EPYC 9554 & EPYC 9654 Benchmarks - Outstanding Performance For Linux HPC/Servers

Phoronix: AMD EPYC 9554 & EPYC 9654 Benchmarks - Outstanding Performance For Linux HPC/Servers

After showcasing the AMD EPYC 9004 "Genoa" series and geeking out over AMD's reference platform running the Linux-powered open-source OpenBMC, it's time to move on to benchmarking. For evaluating the EPYC Genoa performance under Linux, AMD kindly provided review samples of the EPYC 9654 flagship 96-core processor, the EPYC 9554 64-core processor, and the EPYC 9374F 32-core high frequency CPU. In today's benchmark review I am looking at the EPYC 9554/9654 CPUs while the EPYC 9374F will be featured in its own review in the coming days on Phoronix.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Three articles at once? Wow!

Go AMD go! While I am worried about HBM on future Xeon processors, I hope Intel realizes Software-Defined Silicon is going to be a mistake...
    Last edited by tildearrow; 10 November 2022, 03:52 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the review Michael. Hopefully this means that they will also send you some GPUs for testing. Looks like the tweets worked! :-)

Comment

Originally posted by NeoMorpheus View Post
        Thanks for the review Michael. Hopefully this means that they will also send you some GPUs for testing. Looks like the tweets worked! :-)
        The CPU and GPU teams are different sides of the house... But for RDNA3 will hopefully have launch day Linux review.
        Michael Larabel
        https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post

The CPU and GPU teams are different sides of the house... But for RDNA3 will hopefully have launch day Linux review.
          Fingers crossed that the GPU team pick up this good habit from the CPU team!

Comment

These are not uplift you see every day. Really impressive. And impressive Michael job!

Comment

All I got to say is wow!

Comment

Crazy how a single 9554 can outperform a pair of 7773Xs, which were already substantially better than Intel's offering.

Comment

Ok - I think we can agree... that's more processor power than any normal person needs. You'll need to be doing something pretty insane to need this...

...and in five years' time it'll be running in a phone... ...and my desktop will still feel sluggish...

Comment

Wow, Intel is basically game over in the server space.
                    ## VGA ##
                    AMD: X1950XTX, HD3870, HD5870
                    Intel: GMA45, HD3000 (Core i5 2500K)

Comment

Working...
                    X