• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Michael
    replied
    Originally posted by JEBjames View Post
    Michael

Great review.

Was the 6850U laptop using 2 x 8 gb ram sticks or 1 x 16 gb ram stick?
    soldered, at least via DMI information exposed as four memory channels.

Leave a comment:

• JEBjames
    replied
    Michael

Great review.

Was the 6850U laptop using 2 x 8 gb ram sticks or 1 x 16 gb ram stick?

Leave a comment:

• ddriver
    replied
    It is almost as fast as the desktop 5700g cpu wise, and almost twice as fast in the graphics department.

Pretty good for a stop-gap ultra portable solution.

Eager to see what zen 4 and gpu chiplets bring next at 5nm.

Adding some hbm to the mix, it's gotta be a lot cheaper now, seeing how enterprise gpus use them in multitudes lately, maybe now hbm is a good idea to enter the consumer space - more bandwidth, less power, less footprint. It is perfect for a high end laptop platform, especially now that the bulk come with soldered ram anyway.
    Last edited by ddriver; 21 July 2022, 12:17 PM.

Leave a comment:

• FPScholten
    replied
    Not bad, considering the 13" formfactor of which we have the experience that its performance has been tuned down by lenovo. We are using at our company the X13, and also the T15. both types are using exactly the same hardware the 15" is always more performant in everything.

Leave a comment:

• franglais125
    replied
    Thanks a lot for this. I will send an after-the-fact tip.

Cheers.

Leave a comment:

• ustolemyname
    replied
    Great data, thanks Michael! I feel pretty justified with my decision to pick up the HP Dev One, doesn't feel like I've left much on the table given the price point.

Leave a comment:

• er888kh
    replied
    [temperature] during the entire span of benchmarks was 69 Watts compared to the 5850U having an average of 81 Watts.
    It should be degrees

Leave a comment:

• Anux
    replied
    It's with Linux 5.19 Git where the Intel Idle driver support is there that Alder Lake looks better in the power efficiency ...
    What? Double the power at roughly same performance compared to 6850U, I wouldn't call that "looking better".

Leave a comment:

• phoronix
    started a topic AMD Ryzen 7 PRO 6850U "Rembrandt" Linux Benchmarks

AMD Ryzen 7 PRO 6850U "Rembrandt" Linux Benchmarks

Phoronix: AMD Ryzen 7 PRO 6850U "Rembrandt" Linux Benchmarks

I've begun testing the AMD Ryzen 7 PRO 6850U "Rembrandt" SoC under Linux and have some preliminary benchmarks of this Zen 3+ chip up against a variety of Intel and AMD notebooks on hand. Here is the first of several articles looking at the AMD Ryzen 7 PRO 6850U Linux performance using a Lenovo ThinkPad X13 Gen3.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite
Working...
X