Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What about power draw?

Comment

I hope you don't mind me reviving such an old topic, but I was searching for performance improvements regarding the Renoir platform in Linux.

In the last approximately half year, I have noticed very significant improvements in day-to-day activities when utilizing my Ryzen 4800H in Manjaro Linux (KDE). The laptop feels like it is on steroids. Situations where it was previously "losing its breath" now no longer seem to be that much of an issue. I have noticed better efficiency (less fan activity) and much better responsiveness (especially when heavy-multitasking) overall. It almost feels like some bug or issue has been removed and now it flies as it should from the beginning.

The main reason why I share my experience with Renoir in recent months is that these laptops can be bought for a good price, and you still get a decently performant device after not-so-recent updates to the Renoir platform. Personally, I am more than happy as I can now prolong my use of this device and patiently wait for Zen 5 laptops.

Comment

Working...
      X