AMD Announces New Zen 3 Desktop APUs, FidelityFX Super Resolution + More

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wizard69 View Post

Don't buy it "soon", wait for the early adopters to take the arrows.
    Yup, that's exactly why I want lots of benchmarks. I'm not a fan of being a hardware beta tester.

Comment

I kind of laugh when AMD says that OEM's will release it in July or August.

That OEM called HP had their 5700G towers on sale last week. Office Depot even had a coupon on them for a few days. Was $550 with the coupon, now $669.

As expected, the scalpers bought up most of the inventory, pulled the 5700G out and used it in their own rig or put them up for sale on eBay for the same price as the whole system. I tell ya these Yankee Traders, $550 for what will be a $375 APU, waste of money just to be first.

While this APU can game, it is no substitute for a discrete GPU. This is for people who want CPU performance and mild graphics abilities. Not reach the frame rate unobtanium while heating their house.

Comment

Originally posted by sarmad View Post

Nice, though looks like this stupid laptop does NOT have a webcam, which is an immediate no-buy for maybe 90% of potential buyers. Seriously, what were they thinking?
        If they are brave enough to cut also the microphone, then they may open another market -- those that worry computer security a lot and fear of any built-in cam and mic spying their home / office. But I look up their spec and they do have built-in mic -- they are just substituting the lack of built-in cam by bundling an external 1080p60 webcam.

Comment

Originally posted by loganj View Post

there is no such thing as 4000G. and i want at least a 4650 if not 4750. but all models are gone for a few months now
          Anandtech can get it. I think we can get it too. At my country online shop, I can get 4350G (APU + FAN) ~$180, and ~$235 for 4650G (Just APU).

Comment

Originally posted by billyswong View Post

If they are brave enough to cut also the microphone, then they may open another market -- those that worry computer security a lot and fear of any built-in cam and mic spying their home / office. But I look up their spec and they do have built-in mic -- they are just substituting the lack of built-in cam by bundling an external 1080p60 webcam.
            Even those concerned about privacy and security, and I'm one of them, would still have families to call or work meetings to zoom into. Privacy doesn't mean you build a laptop without webcam and mic, it just means you include hardware kill switches.

Comment

Originally posted by sarmad View Post

Even those concerned about privacy and security, and I'm one of them, would still have families to call or work meetings to zoom into. Privacy doesn't mean you build a laptop without webcam and mic, it just means you include hardware kill switches.
              I think these are probably targeted as secondary gaming laptops, not necessarily as the primary one you'd use for work meetings or family calls.

It still seems a bit odd, but I suppose there is a market for it. It's not like they're hiding that it's without a camera, so people know what they're getting.

Comment

Originally posted by t.s. View Post

You can. Buy Asrock DeskMini X300 + Ryzen 4350G, then undervolt and underclock it.
                here in the UK, it's been almost impossible to buy the Ryzen 3 43xxG or GE chips by themselves, you'd have to buy a cheap system and cannibalise it. I want the APU so that I can use the GPU for accelerated video transcode as much as anything.

Comment

Working...
                X