Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AMD Announces The Ryzen 3000XT Series

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • AMD Announces The Ryzen 3000XT Series

    Phoronix: AMD Announces The Ryzen 3000XT Series

    After weeks of rumors, AMD today officially confirmed the existence of the Ryzen 3000XT series...

    http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...-3000XT-Series

  • #2
    What a mess the processor lineup of AMD had become ...

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Raka555 View Post
      What a mess the processor lineup of AMD had become ...
      Why so? Just adding a "XT" for the HighEnd of a certain product section to mark it as the fastest one in that lineup is not new.

      Comment


      • #4
        I really don't understand the point of this release. An extra 100-200 MHz ST boost clock is hardly worth a new SKU, IMO. Unless the all-core boost is significantly higher (but I doubt it is, since base clocks hardly moved).

        Maybe they were just trying to come up with some new product to help drive B550 motherboard sales?

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by AmericanLocomotive View Post
          I really don't understand the point of this release. An extra 100-200 MHz ST boost clock is hardly worth a new SKU, IMO. Unless the all-core boost is significantly higher (but I doubt it is, since base clocks hardly moved).
          This is literally what intel has been doing for half a decade now. Hear ye, hear ye! Announcing our NewLake processors! They are the exact same uarch as OldLake, same process node as OldLake, same gfx as OldLake, but clock is 100 Mhz faster! Innovation!! Upgrade now for only $499!!

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Raka555 View Post
            What a mess the processor lineup of AMD had become ...
            At least they are not a mess of a processor, it's been 24 hours so expect another Intel vulnerability to be disclosed.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by torsionbar28 View Post
              This is literally what intel has been doing for half a decade now. Hear ye, hear ye! Announcing our NewLake processors! They are the exact same uarch as OldLake, same process node as OldLake, same gfx as OldLake, but clock is 100 Mhz faster! Innovation!! Upgrade now for only $499!!
              I disagree. Comparing this move to Intel's endless recycling of Skylake doesn't really make much sense because Intel has been passing off those releases as new generations for many years because there was absolutely zero actual progress in terms of their architecture. On the other hand, Ryzen 3000 is approximately a year old. AMD is not marketing this as a great new generation and we all expect Ryzen 4000 this year. This product exists because it is easy and the manufacturing process allows it. It is more comparable to some anniversary edition or Intel's i7 8086 Special Edition thingy. Also, this is obviously not meant as an upgrade to current Ryzen 3000 owners. If anything, they are giving new customers 200 extra Mhz because they can. So, relax

              Comment


              • #8
                As written by GruenSein mostlikely after a year they have learned to make the manufacturing process better. Therefor they can add a new bin in their binning process for the very good candidates. It is not praised as a new Processor Gen just an extension of the existing lineup.

                edit.: and also a hint to intel, to show them that increasing the frequency is not worth selling it as a new gen
                Last edited by CochainComplex; 06-16-2020, 10:36 AM.

                Comment


                • #9
                  That's basically how I'm interpreting it as well. The new B550 motherboards are just coming out now, might as well give them some slightly refreshed CPUs to go with them.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    i just wish they would add gpu in every processor

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X