No announcement yet.

Intel Core i5 10600K + Core i9 10900K

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IMO it's a 9900KS with two extra cores and an OC to the limit. If AMD reduces his Ryzen prices a little bit Intel will be in troubles... once again.

A side note: when comparing CPUs prices it's worth to mention that AMD ships with a cooler while Intel doesn't. So the actual "price" of Intel is probably 10% lower than what you will end up paying if you go with a cheap cooling solution.

Originally posted by birdie View Post
    Again, when AMD performance or reliability sucks, AMD fans prefer to switch to whatever arguments to draw people's attention away from it.
    If AMD performance or reliability sucks, why did you buy a 3700X? Are you masochistic? You may not want to call yourself Intel fanboy, but you're definitely an AMD hater.

Comment

Originally posted by Marco-GG View Post
      If AMD performance or reliability sucks, why did you buy a 3700X? Are you masochistic? You may not want to call yourself Intel fanboy, but you're definitely an AMD hater.
      I'm a hater of sects and idiots who buy based on affiliation, not logic and reasoning. When I was in the market for a new CPU Intel only offered the Core i7 9700K without HT for the comparable price and no path forward since socket 1151 was a dead end. I chose what's the best bang for the buck. I didn't run around screaming off the top of my lungs that "Intel sucks, AMD rulez". I perfectly understood that the Core i7 9700K was faster in some workflows and slower in others. I knew all its advantages and shortcomings.

I absolutely hate the idiots who continue parroting the old fixed Intel HW vulnerabilities as if the company was the only one who'd made those mistakes.
      I absolutely hate the idiots who continue parroting that AMD is unequivocally faster in all workflows despite losing in many.
      I absolutely hate the idiots who continue parroting that Intel has nothing to offer despite having a huge advantage in IPC for their Ice Lake CPUs and having an even higher IPC for future Tiger Lake (engineering samples are already out). It'll be released later this year.
      I absolutely hate the idiots who continue parroting that Intel hasn't solved their 10nm node despite AMD not having their factories at all.

You see, I remain rational, use logic and evidence when I'm talking about companies and their products. I remain neutral.

Comment

Nothing is particularly "skewed". A six core 10600K runs circles around 3600X.
        The i5-10600k on average is 6.19% faster than the 3600X. Yes in single threaded workloads is may push higher than that, but this isn't 2005 anymore and MT is very important. 6.19% is hardly "running circles", and that's coming almost a year later while consuming significantly more power. The i5-10600k also offers worse performance per dollar in almost every single benchmark compared to the 3600X.

Again, AMD fans didn't particularly care about power hungry extremely underperforming Phenom CPUs but suddenly they've become concerned about pretty fast Comet Lake CPUs. Double standards any day of the week.
        The Phenom I/II series were not extremely under-performing (well, Phenom I had issues), nor were they particularly power hungry compared to anything else at the time. The Phenom II series competed well with Intel's offerings at the time, and offered significantly better value. It wasn't until the Sandy Bridge series of CPUs debuted that AMD's offerings were really "under performing". AMD's Phenom II successor - the FX series were under-performing, power hungry chips, but not a single AMD user denied it. The chips were slow and power hungry and everyone knew it.

But even then, we're talking about a 125w TDP for top-end FX chips vs 95w TDP for Intel's top I7 at the time. These new Intel 10-core chips are consuming over 250w as part of normal operation. Even the i5-10600 has a 180w power limit! AMD only had two chips ever come close to those power limits - the FX-9590 and 9370. Neither of those chips were popular, and AMD was absolutely lambasted for releasing them.
        Last edited by AmericanLocomotive; 20 May 2020, 04:20 PM.

Comment

Why do I see this birdie guy getting into fights in every single thread?

Comment

Ryzen 7 3700X (my current CPU) for $330. Keep calling me an Intel fan, LMAO.
            No offence but I really doubt that you have a Ryzen. Your arguments would even assume that you might reject it even if it is a gift for you.

Comment

Originally posted by atomsymbol
              It appears that about 80% of the new Socket 1200 motherboards support 2.5 Gbps LAN. With high-speed Internet reaching 1 Gbps in many parts of the world, 2.5 Gbps will introduce a wave of innovations that wouldn't happen without the existence of a difference of 1.5 Gbps.
              Im assuming this is ironic or isnt it? not sure ...here in 3rd world internet germany I have to be happy with "50 Mbps" ...and I'm living near Europas Center of Internet Frankfurt....

Comment

Originally posted by CochainComplex View Post

Im assuming this is ironic or isnt it? not sure ...here in 3rd world internet germany I have to be happy with "50 Mbps" ...and I'm living near Europas Center of Internet Frankfurt....
                I pay $80/mo for 10 Mbps in America...with a 1TB bandwidth quota.

Comment

A six core 10600K runs circles around 3600X.
                  The 10600K is 262$ (this is tray price, not what you pay in a shop) while 3600X is 223$ on newegg. That X in Ryzen is not really needed either and that's 172$

Comment

Will have to wait till Zen 3 comes out. Current Zen 2 is hamstring by using multiple CCX units which introduces latency issues due to Infinityfabric (the CCX units have to communicate with eachother). Zen 3 should only use a single CCX and rumours are already coming out that Zen 3 will offer a huge speed boost.

But yeah, Intel is basically winning only by allowing their CPU's to be unlocked + drawing insane amounts of power and improving the thermals by updating the IHS.

300 watts for a standard desktop CPU, even if unlocked is nuts. I am pretty sure if Zen was configured to draw so much power and had a single CCX it would probably beat Intel even in single threaded.
                    Last edited by mdedetrich; 20 May 2020, 07:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by CochainComplex View Post
                      Ouch... I get this with no data caps for 15 Euro while 10/10gbit is 27, but I lack home networking support for this (yet ).

Comment

Working...
                      X