Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AMD EPYC 7F52 Linux Performance - AMD 7FX2 CPUs Further Increasing The Fight Against Intel Xeon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weird but a godsend for all memory bound codes ... CFD and FEM come to mind.

Comment

Massive L3 cache, eh? Taking a page from the POWER book

Comment

Sure, IBM knows what they're doing. Look at their mainframes, if I remember correctly, they have something like 960MB of L4 cache.

Old HPC wisdom says you'd like to have at least 1 Byte of memory per 1 FLOP/s of your cpu and at least 1B/s of memory bandwidth per 1 FLOP/s when you design your system. If you check what machines these days give you, you see that you're very far away from this. So having super large caches is a band aid for this fundamental technological deficiency.

Comment

I literally did not want to wait a week ago and got 2x 7262 for max cache to core ratio, ECC and the best then clock speed... I am a bit bummed

meh, I'll upgrade for the best this board can handle at some point. Hoping to find an Asrock dual socket EEATX something by then.

Comment

Is there anyway to add bench for ps2 emulation of a Jak and Daxter game?

Comment

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
              Phoronix: AMD EPYC 7F52 Linux Performance - AMD 7FX2 CPUs Further Increasing The Fight Against Intel Xeon

AMD today is announcing three new EPYC 7002 "Rome" SKUs in the form of the 7F32, 7F52, and 7F72 processors.
              It would be great to run the Monero benchmarks on 7F52 and add another page to the article, just to see the result. No suggestion that it's going to payback better than alternatives, more out of curiosity since Cryptonight is cache based.
              Last edited by JustRob; 17 April 2020, 01:07 AM.

Comment

Does 'F' stand for Amazon?
                I suspect huge cache should have the most benefit for heavily loaded VM hosts running dozens of VMs.

Comment

Working...
                X