No announcement yet.

AMD Ryzen 9 3900X vs. Intel Core i9 9900K Performance In 400+ Benchmarks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wish they would finally ship the 3950X to me, ... At least the 64GB of memory I already have in the ITX cube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I4BAn6GYBZc

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
      P.S. the 300+ benchmarks are also being re-run as well with "no mitigations" on each processor as a follow-up comparison....
      Sounds like you're in a good position for suing Intel for forcing you to make unnecessary work due to their mistakes. Should make a better income than ads. Intel has a shitton of money.

Comment

Great work Michael.

Comment

Too bad, I bought the 9900K in April, mostly to compile LLVM/Clang since I do it several time a day

Comment

Originally posted by elldekaa View Post
            Too bad, I bought the 9900K in April, mostly to compile LLVM/Clang since I do it several time a day
            The 9900K is still a beast of a CPU. Were I in your position, I wouldn't feel that bad.

Comment

Originally posted by ermo View Post

The 9900K is still a beast of a CPU. Were I in your position, I wouldn't feel that bad.
              hahaha I am not, don't worry... I used to compile LLVM with my laptop (XPS 9560) and the improvement was enormous

Comment

Massive credit for your effort in making this. Other sites do 10-20 benches are full of advertisement and still complain that it is hard work. I guess they don't know how to work efficiently.

Comment

Originally posted by elldekaa View Post

hahaha I am not, don't worry... I used to compile LLVM with my laptop (XPS 9560) and the improvement was enormous
                  I'm using a small icecream distributed compiler cluster w/ 3x AMD FX-8350 CPUs with make -j20 -- 4 cores assigned to the compilation cluster on the head node and the remaining 4 for managing job-submission and, you know, running the desktop. I monitor the cluster usage with icecream-sundae.

If you have more than one PC, icecream is a godsend in some respects -- Amdahl's Law notwithstanding.

Comment

I appreciate how you put the benchmarks in detail and not just a simple table with all the results (like when you did with some 300+ OpenCL benchmarks years ago).

Comment

Working...
                    X