Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Spectre Mitigation Performance Impact Benchmarks On AMD Ryzen 3700X / 3900X Against Intel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Correct on both counts as I did not make that claim for either of us. That said George Carlin was and still is unparalleled in skewering the bullshit that makes up most American life including "businessmen" and "marketing / advertising" each of which received PARTICULAR scorn from George. I am QUITE certain that if George had knowledge of and/or interest in the corporate and technical shenanigans Intel has perpetrated to unfairly and illegally (research lawsuits lost by Intel over this very subject) curtail competition ESPECIALLY against AMD, that he would call Intel's antics..."Grade A Prime American Bullshit". For OVER 15 years Intel has pushed a processor design that inflated benchmarks only to p0wned by hackers using that very same design. Most of 15 years of advancement by Intel particularly amongst their HUGE Corporate customers in their CPU products have been crapped away in an instant only to show their clients they WAY OVERSPENT on Intel vs AMD with hardly ANYTHING to show for it AFTER mitigations are put into place.

THAT...is truly..."Grade A Prime American Bullshit"

Comment

Typo:

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
      18.04 on the Linux 5.2 Git kenrel at the time

Comment

Code:
        cd /sys/devices/system/cpu/vulnerabilities && grep . *
        ?

I keep getting a lot of private emails about my previous post about the latest status of the Linux kernel patches to resolve both the Meltdown and …
        Last edited by elatllat; 15 July 2019, 04:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jumbotron View Post
          Correct on both counts as I did not make that claim for either of us. That said George Carlin was and still is unparalleled in skewering the bullshit that makes up most American life including "businessmen" and "marketing / advertising" each of which received PARTICULAR scorn from George. I am QUITE certain that if George had knowledge of and/or interest in the corporate and technical shenanigans Intel has perpetrated to unfairly and illegally (research lawsuits lost by Intel over this very subject) curtail competition ESPECIALLY against AMD, that he would call Intel's antics..."Grade A Prime American Bullshit". For OVER 15 years Intel has pushed a processor design that inflated benchmarks only to p0wned by hackers using that very same design. Most of 15 years of advancement by Intel particularly amongst their HUGE Corporate customers in their CPU products have been crapped away in an instant only to show their clients they WAY OVERSPENT on Intel vs AMD with hardly ANYTHING to show for it AFTER mitigations are put into place.

THAT...is truly..."Grade A Prime American Bullshit"
          Not sure I would say the advancement has been "crapped away" when AMD IPC is still slower when using a lithography process half the size of Intels

Comment

Originally posted by scottishduck View Post
            ...AMD IPC is still slower when using a lithography process half the size of Intels
            Except it isn't: https://www.techspot.com/article/187...en-vs-core-i9/

Comment

Originally posted by devius View Post
              Not sure in what world you think 8 core tests are a bar on IPC. Single core tests are the only valid way to judge it.

Comment

Single core tests are the only valid way to judge it.
                Which are also included in that article.

Comment

Originally posted by devius View Post

Which are also included in that article.
                  The article clearly states intel has a 50% IPC lead over Zen 2 with their Celeron G4900?

Comment

The 2990WX (32C64T) is barely keeping up with the 3900X and the 2950X is far behind in the geometric mean/llmv compilation. You know, I would like to buy an R9 sometime, and these numbers are not helping if I can't find it in stock.

Comment

The article clearly states intel has a 50% IPC lead over Zen 2 with their Celeron G4900?
                      Lolwut? You drunk bruh?
                      Last edited by torsionbar28; 15 July 2019, 09:53 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X