Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stalkerg
    replied
    Interesting, fix they current GPU bugs? (in the code we have no some workaround for Vega with effect to performance)

Leave a comment:

• humbug
    replied
    Originally posted by nukedathlonman View Post
    I certainly think it could make an interesting alternative to the RTX 2080 depending on where the performance metrics fall. Has me curious for sure.
    On windows it matches the RTX 2080. On Linux it will fall short since Nvidia has faster Linux Vulkan drivers.

AMD in Linux is performing great on Polaris which is fantastic for Linux gamers. But when you move to the higher end GPUs you feel the impact of the less effecient vulkan driver from the fragmented ecosystem of amdgpu pro, amdvlk and radV.

Leave a comment:

• kgonzales
    replied
    Originally posted by tildearrow View Post
    Also, oh no... Why does Google want to provide *everything*??? They provide a search engine, image hosting, a calendar, a contacts list, mail, video calls, instant messaging, phone-associated IM, a social network, analytics, advertisements, a video platform, note-taking software, office suite, storage, hosting platform, home assistant, web browser, operating system, app store, bookstore, music store, movie store, phones, tablets, computers, dictionary, Usenet, domains, maps, blog platform, wallet, traffic status, a car, DNS, internet... just... Why?!
    Because once you have millions of users with an account and a default credit card for payments , AND you have tons of custom data centers with tons and tons of bandwidth, you do everything you can to maximize the customer relationships and the capital investment.

That's why.

Same reason Amazon, Microsoft, Facebook, Apple, etc. want to do the same thing. You have lots of users and lots of capacity. Load it up.

Leave a comment:

• theriddick
    replied
    Yeah way too much for HBM2, I think AMD is crazy sticking to that stuff, just phase it out unless the supplier can change price. Isn't DDR6 less then half that price?

Maybe not, 16GB of 3500mhz DDR6 is $416 or so... damn memory prices are still insane.
    Last edited by theriddick; 09 January 2019, 08:14 PM.

Leave a comment:

• gorgone
    replied
    Originally posted by theriddick View Post
    I don't think this Radeon 7 card is really that great, lets see why.

300W design, no chance of small form factor.
    $699USD is what the 2080RTX sells for.
    If this card was $500usd I'd be impressed.
    impossible the memory allone costs ~380$ for 16GB HBM2

Leave a comment:

• dungeon
    replied
    Radeon Vega on 7, at least that is how i read Radeon VII

As marketing says "THE WORLD’S FIRST 7nm GAMING GPU", so that is it - Vega on Moore's Law or Vega on 7
    Last edited by dungeon; 09 January 2019, 08:14 PM.

Leave a comment:

• theriddick
    replied
    I don't think this Radeon 7 card is really that great, lets see why.

300W design, no chance of small form factor.
    $699USD is what the 2080RTX sells for.
    2080RTX comes with bonus RTX Tensor cores which can be used to buff performance and quality well past radeon 7 levels.
    NVIDIA is likely going to destroy it with the 11series which will be cheaper and faster and cooler... kaboom.

If this card was $500usd I'd be impressed.

Leave a comment:

• dwagner
    replied
    Originally posted by SyXbiT View Post
    My bet is that Navi is being prioritized for the PS5.
    That's what I think, too. "Vega"-like CUs were also seen first in console custom chips. They can probably get a better price from Sony or Microsoft if they offer them a custom design with some fancy new graphics unit.
    Plus with AMD's trouble to implement stable drivers, it's probably easier for them to start with customers who (a) use one standardized hardware only and (b) don't give a damn about stability beyond the average playing time of one gaming session.

Leave a comment:

• chithanh
    replied
    Originally posted by shmerl View Post
    They clearly said it's Vega, so it's not Navi.
    Probably. OTOH, Vega M was also called "Vega" but was actually Polaris.

Originally posted by mbello View Post
    Please AMD, you should be shipping your 7nm products NOW!
    I am sure that for a Feb 7 launch, AMD 7nm products are literally in shipping containers on actual ships right at this point in time.

Leave a comment:

• juno
    replied
    Radeon 7? This is confusing...

First it was Radeon HD xx70/xx90. Then it was Radeon R9. Then it became Radeon RX x80. And now Radeon 7? People will confuse it with the mid-range Radeon R7...
    Don't forget Radeon Vega 3,5,7,10,20,56,64!

Also, oh no... Why does Google want to provide *everything*???
    Because they want to know *everything*.

Originally posted by Brisse View Post
    Probably 7 as in 7nm.
    That might have been a factor, however, I expect it to be more 7 as in Ryzen 7.
    Now as Intel released Core i9, they are going to have Ryzen 9 as well. And the Radeon line might be aligning with that. Small Navi/APU for Radeon 3/5, Vega20 for Radeon 7, Large Navi for Radeon 9?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X