AMD Publishes Platform QoS Patches For Next-Gen Processors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cybertraveler View Post
    I also consider it bad if it's done without clear warning or without being granted explicit consent.
    I don't see why most users should know or even decide about telemetry. You like to screw with developers by not giving them crash reports and such?

Just have it as an option so people that know or care can disable it if they think is necessary, but by default it should be on, and warning about it would make it seem like something evil and dangerous. It is not.

What should have warnings is the tracking and managing user information.

Comment

Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post
      I don't see why most users should know or even decide about telemetry. You like to screw with developers by not giving them crash reports and such?
      That's a hell of a way to frame it. "Screwing with developers". Choosing not to give the developer information cnanot be reasonable described as screwing with them. Especially if we're talking about typical desktop software.

Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post
      Just have it as an option so people that know or care can disable it if they think is necessary, but by default it should be on, and warning about it would make it seem like something evil and dangerous. It is not.

What should have warnings is the tracking and managing user information.
      Telemetry data can lead to privacy issues. A mistake by a develop could lead to private data being extracted. Even if the developer didn't make a mistake, it might end up being possible to use telemetry data in conjunction with other data to deanonymize people and learn things about them they didn't willingly or intentionally share.

Comment

Working...
      X