X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• shmerl
    replied
    Originally posted by Kover View Post
    It recovers. I've not experienced any system freezes yet, and were it not for those logs, I'd never know if there was a problem or not.
    Good to know. I've just ordered 2700X in hope it would actually fix the freezing bug I have with 1700X that required disabling package C6 states to work around it. Disabling even package C6 raises average CPU temperature.

Leave a comment:

• Kover
    replied
    Originally posted by mir3x View Post

Before replacement I saw few MCE errors, after replecement I haven't seen any , but Im not looking for them in fact ( I have 1700X)
    Ah. Perhaps this CPU just is faulty then. Still gotta wait it out just to see if others have a problem with the new chips on the same chipset before RMA'ing it. Haven't experienced any segfaults of system freezes yet after all.

Originally posted by shmerl View Post

Does it recover after that, or freezes the CPU?
    It recovers. I've not experienced any system freezes yet, and were it not for those logs, I'd never know if there was a problem or not.

Leave a comment:

• Brisse
    replied
    Originally posted by nomadewolf View Post

I have a Ryzen, and it has never fr...
    Did it freeze mid sentence while you were writing ? ^_^

Leave a comment:

• nomadewolf
    replied
    What about freeze on idle? Is it fixed in new Ryzens?
    I have a Ryzen, and it has never fr...

Leave a comment:

• shmerl
    replied

After having run the new Ryzen 2700x several hours on a x370 boards with the latest BIOS revision, I sometimes get the following MCE hardware faults:
    Code:
    [Hardware Error]: Corrected error, no action required.
    Does it recover after that, or freezes the CPU?

Leave a comment:

• mir3x
    replied

Personally getting MCE hardware errors on an up-to-date x370 motherboard with the 2700x, similar to ones reported by people who got a replacement chip due to the segfault issue. Could be the chip is indeed faulty, or if it's a hardware compatibility issue that has yet to be ironed out.
    Before replacement I saw few MCE errors, after replecement I haven't seen any , but Im not looking for them in fact ( I have 1700X)

Leave a comment:

• Kover
    replied

Did you make any tests with X370 motherboards for that purpose?
    Personally getting MCE hardware errors on an up-to-date x370 motherboard with the 2700x, similar to ones reported by people who got a replacement chip due to the segfault issue. Could be the chip is indeed faulty, or if it's a hardware compatibility issue that has yet to be ironed out.

Leave a comment:

• sykobee
    replied
    What is good is these AMD chips come with a decent cooler (for the SKU) included. I don't think that every Intel SKU includes that, so that cost has to be factored in as well.

It seems that AMD have some work to do on their CPU power consumption on Linux, there must be some room for tweaking things.

Leave a comment:

• Kover
    replied

After having run the new Ryzen 2700x several hours on a x370 boards with the latest BIOS revision, I sometimes get the following MCE hardware faults:
    Code:
    mce: [Hardware Error]: Machine check events logged
    [Hardware Error]: Corrected error, no action required.
    [Hardware Error]: CPU:9 (17:8:2) MC3_STATUS[-|CE|MiscV|-|-|-|-|SyndV|-]: 0x9820000000000150
    [Hardware Error]: IPID: 0x000300b000000000, Syndrome: 0x000000002a000503
    [Hardware Error]: Decode Unit Extended Error Code: 0
    [Hardware Error]: Decode Unit Error: uop cache tag parity error.
    [Hardware Error]: cache level: RESV, tx: INSN, mem-tx: IRD
    Out of all the times it has happened so far, only the third line varies between that one and
    Code:
    [Hardware Error]: CPU:9 (17:8:2) MC3_STATUS[Over|CE|MiscV|-|-|-|-|SyndV|-]: 0xd820000000000150
    Nothing but that varies. Perhaps it's just a faulty chip or some kind of issue that has yet to be fixed in microcode.

The x370 board is the MSI Gaming Pro Carbon, and the BIOS revision is 7A32v1F.
    But like you, I'm interesting in hearing others experience with such boards

Leave a comment:

• shmerl
    replied
    Originally posted by Michael View Post

I haven't had any freezing issues at all.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X