Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Auron" Added To Coreboot - Google's Broadwell Reference Board

Phoronix: "Auron" Added To Coreboot - Google's Broadwell Reference Board

Support for Auron has been added in Coreboot Git. Auron is the Google Broadwell Reference Motherboard, which in turn is based on Google's Peppy...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I didn't even realize desktop Broadwell was still not out! Who is going to be dumb enough to buy it? Skylake is still Q4 this year right? Even if they delay the desktop parts again by a quarter, its way too close to justify buying a Broadwell chip when Skylake promises so much more than any recent tick cycle.

Comment

zanny, there is every time something in the release schedule.

Comment

Originally posted by Jristz
        Also who want Auron when Jecht break the HP limit cap with 120000?
        I mean, you also need the cojones to try flash your board if you have soemeone compatible and hope you do it right.
        I rather prefer an old one or one already flashed.
        Took surprisingly long for someone to post an FF X reference

Comment

I thought only the oems itself are able to write a coreboot firmware starting with Haswell?

https://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pa...Kills-Coreboot

Boot Guard should make Coreboot impossible permanently? So is that image released by google itself?

Comment

Working...
          X