Asus M2A-VM CPU temperature?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asus M2A-VM CPU temperature?

Has anyone managed to get a sensible CPU temperature out of this motherboard? With my Athlon64 X2 5000+, ACPI shows a constant 40C and lm_sensors shows values around 0C (typically slightly negative), so I'm sure neither are correct .

The hard disk temperature looks right (typically 28-30C and rises a bit over time as the disk warms up), but the CPU is obviously wrong. Also, the fan appears to be permanently on full speed, presumably as a result of the temperature problem.

What CPU do you have? As I understand it, some Brisbane core CPUs have defective temperature sensors. Or the math they do in calculating the temerature is off or something. Whatever the reason, they don't provide accurate readings.

I have a 65nm X2 4400+ which has a clearly defective sensor(see below), but there's a Brisbane BE-2350 here also that doesn't appear to have any issues reporting the correct temperature. I wish they'd had some of those left when I bought my X2.

2 sensors per core, all clearly defective imho:
    k8temp-pci-00c3
    Adapter: PCI adapter
    Core0 Temp: +10.0?C
    Core0 Temp: +3.0?C
    Core1 Temp: +2.0?C
    Core1 Temp: +7.0?C

I use the stock HSF btw.

Comment

It's an Athlon X2 5000+; not sure what variety, but the PC is only a couple of months old.

Comment

could be the same core as my slower X2 then, if wikipedia is accurate:

If you can find a fix please enlighten me with it. This about the most official info I can find:

Comment

Working...
        X